Notices
Detailing Forum Advice on detailing from the experts.

Faded Trim?

Old 05-04-2006, 12:45 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faded Trim?

I think a lot of people are probably curious as to the best thing to use on faded trim.

I had used some Stoner's stuff at one point that worked ok, but faded quickly.

Thanks

duck squad member #00003
Old 05-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

As for trim care, try cleaning the area up really well with some alcohol and water (50:50, regular rubbing alcohol), wipe it off and let the area dry then hit it with a good trim restorer product. This will dissolve any polish, wax, glaze, oil, etc. and provide your with a fresh surface. A popular restorer off the top of my head are Poorboys Trim Restore. Back to Black is a good pick up for over the counter product. If you actually want to color the plastic you could get Leatheriques Rubber Black, but I'd try cleaning and using a good dresser first.

If you do go with trim restore, maybe grab a bottle of 303 Aerospace Protectnant just to use after washes. It won't restore trim like the first too, but it's a good dressing and protects it from uv rays - nice and durable too.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Old 05-04-2006, 10:42 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
As for trim care, try cleaning the area up really well with some alcohol and water (50:50, regular rubbing alcohol), wipe it off and let the area dry then hit it with a good trim restorer product. This will dissolve any polish, wax, glaze, oil, etc. and provide your with a fresh surface. A popular restorer off the top of my head are Poorboys Trim Restore. Back to Black is a good pick up for over the counter product. If you actually want to color the plastic you could get Leatheriques Rubber Black, but I'd try cleaning and using a good dresser first.

If you do go with trim restore, maybe grab a bottle of 303 Aerospace Protectnant just to use after washes. It won't restore trim like the first too, but it's a good dressing and protects it from uv rays - nice and durable too.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Thanks for the suggestion George, I was actually thinking about a combo of 303 Cleaner & Protectant.

duck squad member #00003
Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

Originally Posted by 94civicEX
Thanks for the suggestion George, I was actually thinking about a combo of 303 Cleaner & Protectant.
It's a great combo to have on hand, you can essentially clean and protect your entire interior with those two products. Keep in mind the 303 Cleaner will not restore the trim, just clean it. Those 2 products also work great as an Engine Degreaser and Engine Dressing.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image