Notices
Detailing Forum Advice on detailing from the experts.

what pads wash and wax should i apply?

Old 05-03-2006, 02:00 PM
ezekel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what pads wash and wax should i apply?

since the weather is getting warmer out, I'm going to be detailing my car, claybar wash, wax etc. I know a porter cable 7 something 4 something forgot the entire number is the way to go.

But also reading the porter cable has different pad attachments, so thats what im asking

whats the best pads, claybar, wash and wax to use with the pc? Alot of people love mothers and meiguers (spl) should i stick to that? I'm just going to be doing body if that helps
Old 05-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Detailed Image
Registered

The 3 most common pads for the PC7424 are the following:

Orange - Light Cutting Lake Country Pad - designed to remove imperfections such as scratches and swirls. Designed to work with an abrasive polish

White - Polishing Lake Country Pad - designed to be used for medium to light abrasive polishes, cleaner waxes, chemical polishes, and glazes

Black - Finessing Lake Country Pad - designed for applying sealants and waxes

Mothers and Meguiars are good products, but if you want to take your detail to the next level there are much better options. The mass produced products skimp on the quality and compete on price. For not much more you could have higher quality products from brands like Menzerna, Poorboy's World, P21s, Klasse, etc.

Look into the deals on our homepage, especially the paint prep kit.

May Paint Prep Kit Includes: 20% Off
200g Clay Bar + 16oz Quick Shine
16oz Poorboy's SSR 2.5 - Medium abrasive to remove scratches and swirls
16oz Poorboy's SSR 1 - Fine abrasive to restore gloss and remove any hazing
16oz Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze - Designed to help fill in scratches and swirls and prep your paint for sealing and/or waxing

We also have a special on our favorite sealant and wax:

May Paint Protection Includes: 15% Off
Menzerna Full Mollecular Jacket - arguably one of the best sealants on the market. Leaves you with 4-6 months of protection and the surface slickness unlike any other
P21s Concours Carnauba Wax - a topper wax designed to enhance the gloss and depth of your paint while adding a layer of protection

Let me know if you have any other questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Old 05-05-2006, 05:35 PM
ezekel

so would it be best to get both?

i would get the claybar,scratch and swirl remover, and everyting to sealant and wax?

and probably all 3 pads right?

thanks for all ur advice
Old 05-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Detailed Image
Registered

Ideally you would want both. It's broken down into two steps, prepping the paint (removing contamination and surface imperfectoins) and protecting the paint (layer of sealant and layer of wax for ideal protection and looks) Is every step necessary? No, but if you want optimal show car results than I would suggest both packages. Every product in there does something different than the next.

If you were to get both kits, you would want 4 pads total.

1 Orange Cutting Pad for SSR 2.5
2 White Polishing Pads one for SSR 1 and one for Finishing Touch Glaze (FTG)
1 Black Finishing Pad for Full Mollecular Jacket (FMJ)

I can assure you that you will not be dissappointed with the results from those two kits. Let me know if you have any other questions about any of the products or pads.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Old 05-08-2006, 09:14 AM
ezekel

thanks george..you got a PM