Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

cd/sub/amp install help

Old 04-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Rdaws

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd/sub/amp install help

Hey guys, I new here on these forums. I have a couple of questions. I have a 1993 Honda Accord LX. My step dad gave me his cd head unit and amps(which suck..ill be getting new amp soon) I need some guidance on how to install everything. I really dont want to spend the money for someone to do it for me.

I bought a dash install kit for my head unit and harness. I'm sure I can just read the instructions. This is where my problem begins. First, how do I run the wires for my amp and to my sub. Where do I go through the firewall? And running the wires through my car?

If you need more info just ask. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:51 PM
b00gers

There are rubber groumets that lead to the inside of your car. Just look around the firewall.

For the wires that go from the head unit to the amp, people run the wires underneath the carpet along the sides or right down the middle. People generally keep the power wires separate from the signal wires.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Rdaws

Thanks..I'll take a look.