Notices

How to bleed 94 ABS system?

Old 03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
bigt61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to bleed 94 ABS system?

I need to know the proper way to bleed the ABS system on my 94 integra with ABS.

I'm talking about the entire ABS system. The pump, modulator, etc etc.

Not talking about the brake lines on the calipers.

thanks.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:12 PM
fistandauntilus
HIRO MATSU

there is a small bleed valve on the modulator that you loosen just like the brake calipers.

put a tube on that into a container and loosen the bleed valve a little and some fluid will come out due to the pressure and the tighten it back up so too much doesnt come out..

then you add some new fluid though the fill hole to keep the level between the high/low marks on the res. turn the ignition to the "on" position so that the pump will pressurize the system agian and repeat until new fluid/no more bubbles come out. dont let the fluid level drop below the "low" mark. i did this like almost 2 years ago, but i am pretty sure this is how i did it. double check if you have a helms/haynes manual. hope this helps.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

you have to start the motor or the pump won't cycle.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:48 PM
bigt61

I opened the bleeder valve on the ABS pump, and kept the fluid level at proper levels.

I start the car, let the motor buzz and pressure up, then shut the car off.

then I bleed the bleeder valve very slowly. then start the car up again, and let it build pressure.

The pump still buzzes, and my brakes STILL dont work. no pedel pressure at all. new master cylinder, brakes bled at caliper lines, and everything.

I need brakes. what else could be wrong? the pump buzzes no matter what I do. I havent had brakes, and still dont no matter what I do.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

follow the instructions in the helm's manual. it sounds like your abs pump is bled, but not fully pressurized. this time, start the motor, let it buzz, turn it off, but don't crack the bleeder valve, just check the fluid level. if it's low, add some and start the car. if not, just start the car. when you're done, the pump will buzz for a second right when you start the car, then stop. follow me? try that, and report back.