Notices

going to the ride and drive in the bay area on april 4'th

Old 03-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to the ride and drive in the bay area on april 4'th

yeah! one of the perks of being a salesman for honda. i'll give it a good romp and report back, let you all know how it is. i can't wait to drive it!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

well, the car was pretty awesome! everything you'd expect from a honda. no double wishbone, which kinda sucks, but it rides nice and handles well. very little body-roll, as is customary for honda. the 5-speed auto was zippy (no sticks for us to drive, boooo), and the paddle-shifters are great. build quality is what you'd expect, and never belies the price. the sport model's advantages are available paddle-shift, alloys, mp3/6 speakers, cruise, fog lights, and a couple of other nitpicky things.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:49 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i know in fall i'll be on the market for a new car...been considering the Fit b/c of its price...however there are the 2 drawbacks...rear beam suspension and rear drum brakes (i will be taking it out on some track weekends)...but outside of these 2 the car seems a great deal for me...i need to look at in person
Old 04-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Phateless
S2K compatible

the fit is a great deal. however, if you're looking to do track time, you'll be happier with a used integra, or something along those lines. yeah, the torsion beam rear really sucks. as for the drums, you could probably upgrade to discs, though i'm not sure which car the conversion would come from.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:16 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i'm looking towards the upcoming civic si sedan...hope it stays close to concept

i'll probably pick up a dedicated racing porsche 944 when i move out there for PCA race and 944 spec cup (will want to get interest in starting a chapter out there)
Old 04-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

yeah the si sedan is going to be bad-ass. we haven't seen the likes of a car like that since the gsr sedan.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:28 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Ghost Ride that bitch!!h:
Old 04-25-2006, 12:20 AM
93CivicSiD16HB
mmmmm VTEC..

I dont understand why people are getting excited about 4 door sport cars?
There are more body lines, more weight, and its less safe than a solid design coupe. The only upside i see is the entrance to the back seats, but i say make them get in the pass side door?
4 doors make a car wayy too tame, also they have that rolling rear roof deal, and with the new civic its a radical change in the slope of the rear between the coupe and sedan models.

Just my two cents
Old 04-25-2006, 06:16 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

actually quite the opposite:

coupes and sedans are built off the same chassis, use the same wheelbase and use the same drivetrain/engine...it also uses the same amount of sheetmetal

the real kicker is a coupe has a much larger door (compared to 2 smaller doors with a support brace between) making a much bigger hole in the side which reduces structural rigidity so mfgrs reinforce that larger hole with more steel making the coupe actually as or even heavier than the normal 4 door models

bmw used to race m3 sedans over the m3 coupes for this reason alone...there was no stigma b/c it was 4 doors and not as cool...in fact real time racing was happy to get the TSX for its better ability to race at the limit over the the RSX (various reasons were also key such as engine / suspension / drivetrain) b/c it didn't flex as much as the rsx did b/c it was a coupe/hatchback and the tsx was a much stronger frame b/c it was a 4 door
Old 04-25-2006, 10:45 AM
93CivicSiD16HB
mmmmm VTEC..

But cant you just reinforce the body and suspension of an RSX to make it flex and roll less?

And wouldnt that bit of flat, immovable body for the rear and the super reinforced door (like those on the 06' RSX-S) for the front make it safer?

Also the civic coupe and sedan have different wheelbases this year, giving the coupe a bit of a longer length between the wheels.