Notices

Is it true that the CL will be no longer.

Old 09-18-2002, 07:20 PM
caliboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it true that the CL will be no longer.

I've heard that Acura will stop making the CL when the new TL comes out. Now tell me is this true or just a mere rummor?
Old 09-19-2002, 10:15 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

sounds like a rumor... seeing how they are planning the re-design for the CL....

The CL and TL are 2 different cars... CL being the coupe, TL being the sedan... they wont keep the TL and rid of the CL...
Old 09-19-2002, 02:55 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

With the advent of the 2003 Accord EX V6 six speed manual trans, the CL-S in it's current form may be redundant in Honda's lineup. The Accord six speed will have leather heated seats, remote security, traction control, six disc in-dash changer, and 240 HP (250 if you use 93 octane!), not to mention, more aerodynamic and weigh less. All for 26,000.00. Yes, you read that right. Now, the CL-S in its current form is built on the 2002 Accord chasis, which is now old technology. There is nothing written in stone on the CL-S's demise, but it would not surprise me, if for similar performance and features you can spend five grand less within the same car company and get more car (curtain air bags as well).
Old 09-21-2002, 07:32 AM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

Originally posted by fastball
With the advent of the 2003 Accord EX V6 six speed manual trans, the CL-S in it's current form may be redundant in Honda's lineup. The Accord six speed will have leather heated seats, remote security, traction control, six disc in-dash changer, and 240 HP (250 if you use 93 octane!), not to mention, more aerodynamic and weigh less. All for 26,000.00. Yes, you read that right. Now, the CL-S in its current form is built on the 2002 Accord chasis, which is now old technology. There is nothing written in stone on the CL-S's demise, but it would not surprise me, if for similar performance and features you can spend five grand less within the same car company and get more car (curtain air bags as well).
Yeah but does the accord come with all of those standard? Our cls came with the leather heated seats, dual remote security (sets all your seats/mirrors according to what remote you use to unlock the car) six disk indash, 260 hp, rearviews that tilt down in reverse. None of those were options, i think for the accord if you want this and that you will have to add stuff on and the 5 grand difference drops to around 2k. Besides you can walk into acura and get a new CLS for around 32000 out the door easy.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:54 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Originally posted by Jkan2001

Yeah but does the accord come with all of those standard? Our cls came with the leather heated seats, dual remote security (sets all your seats/mirrors according to what remote you use to unlock the car) six disk indash, 260 hp, rearviews that tilt down in reverse. None of those were options, i think for the accord if you want this and that you will have to add stuff on and the 5 grand difference drops to around 2k. Besides you can walk into acura and get a new CLS for around 32000 out the door easy.
The remote does not have seat memory control, but it DOES have power window control STANDARD..... as well as heated seats, six disc changer in dash, all speed traction control, electronic brake force distribution, curtain airbags, and 250 hp if you use high octane (240 with 87, and you can use either). The car is 26,350 plus tax. It also has dual zone climate control, which is not available in the CL-S. These are all standard on the 2003 Accord six speed. There are 2 things it does not have: power passenger seat and HLSD. The tilt down mirror is :dunno: not very important, I think. So you can see that they have taken a drastic step forward in price, value, and performance with the 2003 Accord six speed.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:56 AM
BonzoAPD

I doubt they would get rid of the cl for the accord. This is because althoug the accord will have luxury, it will have no where near as much luxury as the current cl. Plus, cl-type s performance is already more than that of the upcoming accord. Whyt would they go down instead of up. I believe that the new Cl Type-S will have atleast 280hp.