Notices

92 Honda Accord

Old 03-14-2006, 06:39 AM
newhonda03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Honda Accord

Hello, I have a question and would love it if anyone could help me out. I have a 92 Accord (automatic), and when I first start it up in the morning or afternoon, after it has been off for a while, and drive it for about 5 min. the car will start to jerk (like it does not want to go when I am pressing the gas). The rpms will start to go up and down (like between the 1 and 2). Now, I just had a distributor put on about 3 weeks ago because the car would just die out on me, and I make sure that I put some good fuel injector cleaner in my tank about once every 3 months. Now I have no idea what the problem could be. Please help me, I am so puzzled
Old 03-14-2006, 09:32 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EGR and/or IACV and/or FITV
Old 03-14-2006, 10:11 AM
newhonda03

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 06:39 PM
91_accord

Well, to be exactly sure what it might be, you should diagnose the car. Over by the passenger's side below the glove box and near the heater blower plugs, there should find a little blue plug that plugs into no where. This plug has only two wires. What you could do is create a short. Plug a metal conductor from one hole to the other. Now turn the key to on and see what the check engine light tells you. Since there is something wrong with your car, you should see the check engine light blink. See what code it gives you then look it up on the internet or a manual.