Notices

Question about projectors....

Old 03-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Snicker60515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about projectors....

I have been seriously considering buying projector headlights for my car but I have a quick question. How much better(or worse) do those headlights light up the road at night? I ask because I've seen on here that apparently they don't light as well as OEM but of course I still don't know. Any experiences you guys have had would be greatly appreciated and please no accounts of retrofitting HIDs to the projectors because I really don't have the fabbing skills to undertake such a project. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tyc projectors have decent output... but not as good as stock. other ebay brands just suck.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
stereo

unless your doing a HID retrofit it's going to be worst then stock!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:38 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

please keep your stock lights. you'll only do yourself harm by installing any projector headlights... even TYC... they may look the best (in most cases) but the projectors used are still nothing compared to the accords stock headlights.

Your best bet to get better light output without going with a OEM projector retrofit is HIR bulbs... search ebay for them or go to www.rallylights.com
Old 03-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Snicker60515

That's what I thought. They look really good but of course I know that to keep the stock output when the housings turn yellow is to spend the $300 plus to replace the stock headlights. I just wish I knew how to clear out the amber reflectors.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:52 PM
stereo

if your stocks are turning yellow they have kits that buff them back to clear (haven't used them) or you can just get OEM style replacements.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Originally Posted by Snicker60515
That's what I thought. They look really good but of course I know that to keep the stock output when the housings turn yellow is to spend the $300 plus to replace the stock headlights. I just wish I knew how to clear out the amber reflectors.
do a search for instructions...... you can heat up the housing to soften the glue holding the housing together to open them. the orange strip snaps right out.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:15 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Custom HID projectors or stick to OEM :happysad:
Old 03-15-2006, 11:14 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

well, you say your current lights are yellowing... PLUS you want to remove the amber strip. Look on ebay, there are a ton of stock replacement headlights made by aftermarket companies (usually the same quality at a much lower price). You can find OEM style, "clear" lights, black housings... pretty much anything... the light output will be very close to the OEM lights.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Snicker60515

Originally Posted by SumAccordGuy94
well, you say your current lights are yellowing... PLUS you want to remove the amber strip. Look on ebay, there are a ton of stock replacement headlights made by aftermarket companies (usually the same quality at a much lower price). You can find OEM style, "clear" lights, black housings... pretty much anything... the light output will be very close to the OEM lights.
I bought a pair of those Ebay lights for my dad's Accord when he still had it and they were fine for about two weeks, then they wouldn't light up anything after that. My lights aren't yellowing yet but I have seen solutions to clear up headlights that are just amazing. I'm definitely going to have to check out instructions on removing the amber strip, as soon as I find out how to remove the headlights themselves.