Notices

Feeding wire from under the hood to the cabin

Old 03-12-2006, 01:18 PM
tkamiya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeding wire from under the hood to the cabin

2005 Accord LX 4 door 4 cylinder

I'm trying to feed a wire from engine compartment into the cabin. I know there is an unused gromet on the firewall right at the middle of the center line, sort of right side of the heater core water line, and from what I hear, it is for this very purpose. (to install third party accessories)

What I worries me is that from inside, I can not tell what is right behind this gromet. There is no visibilities from any angle.... I don't want to start poking hole on this gromet and start feeding wires, only to snag or puncture something inside.

Does anyone have any time of documentation or experience in using this gromet?

I need to feed wire directly from under the hood. Two 12 guage wires.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:53 AM
spooken

Doesn't the installation manual say which one to use? Most likely you don't even need to drill any hole. Just peel it or something.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:39 PM
tkamiya

No, there isn't any instruction manuals. This is my own thing.

Today, I took off the globe box to see if I can see what's behind it.... Obviously alot of things INFRONT of it.... so I couldn't see anything. What I want to do is to remove or puncture this gromet and feed two wires and have it come out inside the cabin.

Anyone else?
Old 03-13-2006, 09:53 PM
spooken

I know there's a gromet on the driver's side of the firewall, never really look into the passenger's side. If you're scared u might poked into something unthinkable, try using the driver's side.