Notices

93 accord anti theft problems computer reset?

Old 03-12-2006, 10:35 AM
aveil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 accord anti theft problems computer reset?

i have a 93 accord and was swapping out a distributor and i took off the negative battery lead to make sure nothing bad would come from the electrical during the swap and when i got everything put in i went to start it wouldnt turn over. theres a old(10-12 yrs) falcon car alarm on it and when i put the cable back on the alarm sounded and i had to put the key in the ignition to stop it . i think the problem is it activated the anti-theft protection in the computer or alarm which is making the car not start. i havent used the keyless entry for a long time and have no idea where the remotes are. is there anyway to reset the computer(if it would help) or the antitheft device because theres nothing on it that i can see that would reset it. ive looked all over the internet but i think because its such an old alarm i cant find anything. im trying to avoid towing it to a shop for them to do it so any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-12-2006, 01:38 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just go under the dash and unplug the add on alarm it should start if not look for a black wire with white stripe (10ga) from the ignition switch to the fuse box that was cut in half and conntcted to the alarm or relay and reconnect the 2 ends .