Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help with speaker installation, what do i do next? (pix)

Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
desii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with speaker installation, what do i do next? (pix)

alright so i got my new speakers today for my 94 accord lx. im replacing my front speakers since they are ripped. i got off the stock ones, they just un pluged, now how do i connect the new ones?

^old speaker

^new speakers

^inside the door where the speakers go... soo what now? how do i connect them? the spearks came with speaker wire but there just wires. any idea? thanks for the help!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:15 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

if theres an autozone near you they have speaker adapters for Hondas... like $5 for a pair of them... plug into the cars wiring and give you terminals that mate with aftermarket speakers.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:53 PM
desii

THANK YOU! imma go check themm out
Old 03-08-2006, 04:41 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by SumAccordGuy94
if theres an autozone near you they have speaker adapters for Hondas... like $5 for a pair of them... plug into the cars wiring and give you terminals that mate with aftermarket speakers.
Yep. You can do that...or snip away. You can take off the harness and just put some connectors on there and connect them to the speaker. The first suggestion is MUCH better because you dont lose that harness.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:37 PM
96accordexcoupe

best buy or circuit city also has these wiring harnesses... real cheap and super easy to install
Old 03-08-2006, 08:30 PM
desii

well i went to a few places and noone had the wireing harnes for my car. i went to this autosound place and the guy said hel do it for 30 bucks for both speakers. i was like alright go fo it. soo after he installed one side, he told me that it wasnt working and my head unit might be broken. then he installed the second side and said he was wrong, my wiring on my other side is messed up which is causing my front speakers not to work. so he said if i come back tomrrow theyll rewire it for like 20 bucks or something... anyone have any thoughts on that? the side he was talking about didnt work from the start, so i kno he didnt break it. but he also told me taht it might not even fix the problem
Old 03-08-2006, 09:11 PM
b00gers

Uhh. Thats weird. It sounded like he admited to doing something wrong? If that is the case, you shouldnt have to pay him again to REwire something. Is this a stock headunit?
Old 03-09-2006, 10:05 PM
desii

yeah its a stock head unit. and no he didnt admit to doing anything wrong, just admited he was wrong in blaming the head unit was messed up. i dont think he did anything wrong either, the thing he told me about was happing before i took my car in, its the reason i got new speakers, i thought it was beacuse my stock ones blew or something. soo should i get it rewired? its bugging me sorta that i spend like 60 bucks on speakers and cant even bummp it... but the guy said it might not even fix the problem