Notices

Nose Bra options??

Old 03-07-2006, 08:51 AM
simsurfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nose Bra options??

I drive a 06 Accord coupe everyday to and from work and have noticed a few nasty chips in the hood area of my car the other day while washing it. The sight of this makes me ill because I love my car (former SUV driver) and hate to see this happen.

What are my options??

1. Let this continue
2. Buy a Full Nose Bra
3.?
4.?

What are my options? I have tried paint in the past but the touchup stuff NEVER matches what is on the car and I will notice it even more that the chip that is there now.
If I do go with a Nose Bra are there any brands that anyone recommends? My price range is $0.00-$150.00. Any precautions I should take when the bra is on the car?

Thanks for any help
Old 03-07-2006, 09:07 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do NOT buy an opaque bra unless you want to repaint the hood in a few years. 3M clear bras (or similiar) are easily the way to go.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:33 AM
simsurfer

Yea but dont they cost a lot of $$$??
Old 03-07-2006, 09:42 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by simsurfer
Yea but dont they cost a lot of $$$??
I guess you can stick with Option 1 and enjoy repainting your hood/bumper frequently then.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:07 AM
simsurfer

I was thinking about this this morning (before work), if left uncovered because I do all highway driving on some of the worst roads (Pittsburgh) my hood will chip and then rust because of the chips to the paint and the fact that they are uncovered.

Or I can get a bra but then will have to ge the hood repainted after a few years due to the scratches.

But scratches wont rust where as chiups will, Make you wonder the lesser of the two evils.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:17 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by simsurfer
I was thinking about this this morning (before work), if left uncovered because I do all highway driving on some of the worst roads (Pittsburgh) my hood will chip and then rust because of the chips to the paint and the fact that they are uncovered.

Or I can get a bra but then will have to ge the hood repainted after a few years due to the scratches.

But scratches wont rust where as chiups will, Make you wonder the lesser of the two evils.
Your hood won't scratch from the bra, it will deform the paint because it won't be exposed to any sunlight and water will get trapped underneath. You spent $20k on the car, if you have any desire to keep it you should probably pay the bucks to protect it properly.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:22 AM
BONE

Go with the OEM bra perfect fit and quality. Just make sure that you take the bra off once and a while and not leave it on all the time because it will definately fade your paint.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:30 AM
simsurfer

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated