Notices

DIY Pedal Assmebly Removal

Old 03-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Jigga JJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Pedal Assmebly Removal

If anyone has or knows where to find DIY instructions,or any instructions on how to remove the pedal assembly out of a 90 civic DX 5 speed, could you please post them up or Pm me. I have been looking everywhere but I can't find anything, Thanks.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:16 AM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

What are you trying to do, replace the whole pedal assemblies, or just puting on an aftermarket pedal set?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Jigga JJ

Im trying to replace the whole pedal assembly.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:38 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Originally Posted by Jigga JJ
Im trying to replace the whole pedal assembly.
Not too difficult, i've done it several times on my crx.
U have to go under the dash, good luck fitting in there!
1. U have to first remove your throttle cable and clutch cable, on the pedal side. It's best to loosen up the cables in the engine first(or just remove the clutch cable, then remove the throttle cable). To remove the clutch cable, u have to get your hand in there and slide it off the top of the pedal. If u can't reach it, use a screwdriver. Then remove the throttle cable by pulling the cable, then slide the plastic clip off the pedal, and slip the cable out of the pedal through the little hole there.
2. Look at the bracket itself, there should be about 6-7 nuts that u can see holding the bracket to the firewall, and 1 bolt that's holding the bracket up above, by the steering wheel(a little to the right of the fusebox, just locate the pedal bracket there, and you'll see a bolt). Remove the nuts that are holding the bracket in place. You're gonna need an extension and a deep socket to get some of those nuts off, but just keep trying and they'll come off.
3. Remove the cotter pin and bolt that is holding the brake booster to the brake pedal, and also remove the cotter pin and spring from the gas pedal, but remove the ENTIRE gas pedal from the bracket(trust me, it makes this alot easier.
4. Once the bracket is loose, u have to slide the brake booster out from the car, just pull the booster from the engine compartment a little bit until the bolts are visible in the engine are, and not AT ALL in the dash area. Slide the pedal assembly down, and turn it counter clockwise to get it out of there, and VOILA! The pedal assembly should be out now.

Last edited by RevengeCRX; 03-05-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Jigga JJ

Thanks man, Im gonna work on it when i have my off day at school. Hopefully it will work out great.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Jigga JJ

Ive taken all the bolts on the firewall off, but I cannot seem to find the bolt on the top?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Jigga JJ

Update time

The pedal assembly was finally taken out. That top bolt was a bi**h and a half. It's not even visible untill you remove the duct for the vent on the driverside(dash). I'm just waiting for the new pedal assembly, let's just hope I don't have too hard of a time rembereing where everything goes

Thanks
Old 03-07-2006, 03:41 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Cool. Glad to help.
Oh, sorry I couldn't respond sooner. I forgot to mention that the bolt is right behind that plastic vent tube. My crx didn't have that tube when I removed my pedal assembly, but it's supposed to be there. Glad u got it out okay!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Tony2oo8

How did you remove the ducts for the vent?