Notices

Shifter Bushing

Old 03-04-2006, 11:31 AM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter Bushing

http://www.speed-source.net/products/shifter_cable.htm

I read about this being installed on a 7th gen Accord (don't know if it was an I4 or V6) with a slight improvement in shift quality. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with this part? Heck, it's cheap enough that I may just try it out anyway.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:33 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I've been trying to track those down for quite some time, nice job. I wouldn't mind crisper shifting for $28.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:41 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

i was thinking about puttin $50 towards a neuspeed shortshift adapter. not an actual stick, but i think it was the thing that goes under the bushing. you think youd have to use either that or this thing? or if you combined them would it be even better?

...or are they the same thing? :thinking:
Old 03-04-2006, 08:12 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

Originally Posted by TaekOne
i was thinking about puttin $50 towards a neuspeed shortshift adapter. not an actual stick, but i think it was the thing that goes under the bushing. you think youd have to use either that or this thing? or if you combined them would it be even better?

...or are they the same thing? :thinking:
They are not the same thing.
I already have the short shifter. It looks to me like this is the bushing that connects the shifter cable to the arm on the tranny, so yes, I think you could have both this and the short shifter. The short shifter is mounted to the bottom of the gear shift lever under the console. Of course I'm talking about my 7th gen. here. Maybe some others are the same?