Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Someone wants my car...Help

Old 03-02-2006, 08:17 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone wants my car...Help

Well the other night I was looking out my window and couple of punks were looking in my car. I watched for about 5 mins and then one gets brave and tugs at the door handle. So I call the cops and confront the guys and one gets froggy and tries to jump and about the time we start fighting the cops pull up. Anyway I need an alarm. I have been pulling the fuel pump fuse the past few nights incase they try to steal it. So I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a brand I should go with.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:47 PM
mishqua

Alarms scream steal me plus are expensive ad a kill switch to the starter. That will stop the little punks.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:09 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by mishqua
Alarms scream steal me plus are expensive ad a kill switch to the starter. That will stop the little punks.
Are you joking?? Almost any good alarm will have a starter kill with the alarm. I have a Viper 791 and never think twice about parking my car anywhere.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:45 AM
orbit77

the only part to an alarm is the led, most people want to put in a spot everyone will see it and i like to put them off somewhere so you see it when your programing. i think alarms are good, i'd rather have not any of the lil punks messing around my car and have a real theft maybe pass to the car next to me. i know a real theft will be able to get my car but atleast the odds of someone messing with my car is a bit less.

i like the compustars for manuals and the viper for autos. i hate code alarms with an passions. i'm thinking about trying the new two way scosche alarm.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:11 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

The scosche alarms claim to have some pretty far range. I'd like to see that proved or disproved.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:47 PM
mishqua

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
Are you joking?? Almost any good alarm will have a starter kill with the alarm. I have a Viper 791 and never think twice about parking my car anywhere.
But how much did your alarm cost, I'm just saying its far less expensive. Not to mention your telling them this is a challenge. Also If I walk by and see your led light I know there is a kill switch and there fore by pass it(depending on skill of car theif),If they want it they will do it. Now if they jump in hot wire and it don't start ther more likely to move on to something else.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:54 PM
JETSPD1477
O RLY?

kill switch on the starter only? push starting the car is a good way to bypass that...

how about fuel or ignition...
Old 03-05-2006, 09:10 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by JETSPD1477
kill switch on the starter only? push starting the car is a good way to bypass that...
Only for manuals and only given you have enough space to.

But alarms arent worthless at all. I think it is completely worth the money. There is more to an alarm than making the whole car unstealable.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

But how much did your alarm cost, I'm just saying its far less expensive. Not to mention your telling them this is a challenge. Also If I walk by and see your led light I know there is a kill switch and there fore by pass it(depending on skill of car theif),If they want it they will do it. Now if they jump in hot wire and it don't start ther more likely to move on to something else.

are you saying you walk by cars, scoping them out to steal them on a regular basis?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

Yeah im looking into one now. Im gonna get the deluxe with all the bells and whistles. I have a lot in my sound system and where I live more and more Hondas are being stolen.

Last edited by Mynard; 03-06-2006 at 06:26 AM.