Notices

Should I purchase and what should I offer.

Old 03-02-2006, 05:08 AM
Kachup57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I purchase and what should I offer.

Ok guys, the time has come to get rid of the civic i had won at a carnival 6 years ago and this is something I am looking at. Let me know what you think and what kind of price I should throw back at the dealer. Much appreciated.

http://www.ardmoreacura.com/mainframe.jsp?cp=ac

It is the 2004 TSX color Graphite. You will have to pick the model and then click go to see it. Thanks again.

I hope the link works
Old 03-02-2006, 05:15 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you driven this yet? TSX's with automatics feel very sluggish. I would recommend the 6-speed.

To find out what you should offer, check KBB and edmunds and autotrader/cars.com. Find prices for similiar mileage, then lowball them and start the negotiating. Remember that 'certfied used' doesn't really mean anything to you when the car still has 35k miles left on the factory warranty.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:40 AM
Kachup57

Default Tsx

Yea I did test drive it and I understand the sluggish bit a little bit. Before people start bashing me....yes I enjoy the fell of driving stick however, I live in philly now and move about 5 mph to work and home and it is just getting annoying. I also test drove the IS300 which I like aswell but is not availbe in stick for the years that I am looking.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:44 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by Kachup57
Yea I did test drive it and I understand the sluggish bit a little bit. Before people start bashing me....yes I enjoy the fell of driving stick however, I live in philly now and move about 5 mph to work and home and it is just getting annoying. I also test drove the IS300 which I like aswell but is not availbe in stick for the years that I am looking.
I'm not bashing you at all, just making sure you understand that the stick is a lot more fun and feels quite a bit faster Have you looked at a used Accord V6 or TL? Make sure to shop the alternatives. There's a lot than can be had in the $20-25k used price range.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:55 AM
Kachup57

Default Tsx

TL a little out of my price range and Accord V6 I like it but it is not as sporty as the TSX unless you get the 2 door in my opinion. I am in no rush as my civic is still kicking around right now with only 100k miles on a 95 civic. I am continuing to shop around and will look probably to purchase by this summer. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:09 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by Kachup57
TL a little out of my price range and Accord V6 I like it but it is not as sporty as the TSX unless you get the 2 door in my opinion. I am in no rush as my civic is still kicking around right now with only 100k miles on a 95 civic. I am continuing to shop around and will look probably to purchase by this summer. Thanks for the feedback.
Just make sure you check out a low mileage 2003 TL Type-S or a higher mileaged 2004 TL then, I'm sure you'll be able to find one for in the low 20's without navi
Old 03-02-2006, 10:39 AM
tom15425

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Just make sure you check out a low mileage 2003 TL Type-S or a higher mileaged 2004 TL then, I'm sure you'll be able to find one for in the low 20's without navi
Yes, definitely look into the TL type S. It's true that it doesn't look as sporty but, you should certainly test drive one before you rule it out. Speaking from experience with the car, I was pretty impressed with it.