Notices

Axls dont seem to stay on 93 accord

Old 02-27-2006, 05:25 PM
oozingbear71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axls dont seem to stay on 93 accord

i have an automatic 93 accord, on KYbs and matrix coil overs. i was wearing out my inter tires, so i slapped on a camber kit. soon after, things began ot go wrong. where should i begin.
about 2 weeks ago, my car was leaking tranny fluid, not knowing the problem, i took it to a mechanic. the left axl was loose, hence the reason it was leaking. the mechanic fixed it, and said that the problem was that the coil overs caused the axl to be pulled out, and because of the un even height from both sides.
and then yesterday, it broke down on me again, this time it died. it was as if the tranny was blown, but infact it wasnt, this time it was the axl, but im not sure what. the tranny does go into gear, and i can tell it does because i can feel its first gear and second gear. but then when i press the gas, it goes into neutral, well doesnt go into it, but feels as if its in neutral, after a few secs, it will start grinding, like a strong ass nasty grind. can any one please help,
-oozingbear71
Old 02-28-2006, 09:31 AM
bonestock

did you look to see if the axle is broken or if it popped out? is the circlip at the end of the spindle still on?
Old 02-28-2006, 10:27 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only one that has no idea what this guy is talking about? Halfshafts just don't magically fall out.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:31 AM
accordh22swap

Default ok

ok i am going through the same thing. i have a90 accord where the passanger axle is popping out also. i just finnished buying new shocks,springs and camber kit. to straiten the wheels up. it could be that something is causing the axle to pop out. they told me that it could be my suspension (since mine is shot) my motor mounts (they are also shot). i fixed my motor mounts and the axle lasted about month n a half in and just popped out again 3 days ago. so im just waiting for the sus and camber and strut bars to get in to put them on. since you already have this done you might want to check into your tranny. becuz when mine popped out my mech changed it and the ring around the axle that holds it in place was gone. there was nothing holding it thats why it pops out. so he changed and it happened again within the next day. he changed 3 times. then i fixted motor mounts and it lasted month n a half. so you wanna check your motor mounts and if they are good then check into your tranny
Old 02-28-2006, 08:16 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

left side?

the left side has a half shaft like what 98coupe v6 said...so did the half shaft fall out or the axle come out of the half shaft?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:18 AM
accordh22swap

oh thats right your is the driver side....??hmmmmm...my bad.