Notices

Replacing hood and fixing roof liner

Old 02-26-2006, 12:24 PM
omarh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing hood and fixing roof liner

My 2004 Accord EX V6 has some issues. First, my wife backed into it and dented the hood. I managed to fix the dent using this suction cup thing I got at Pep Boys. The problem is, the front edge of the hood (one side) is still bent downwards, and I don't think it can be bent back up....

I found the hood for sale at majestic honda for less than $300..but it has no color! Would I have to take it to some auto paint place and just ask them to paint it? Should I just take it to a normal repair place and have them do everything? I figure they'll mark up the hood cost big time if I do that.

My other question is, the roof liner in my car is coming out in the back! Its drooping a little and actually came out a little. I can't believe the liner would come out so soon, this car only has 24k miles. This is something I'd expect from a GM car or Ford.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Macleod

if only the hood is bent buy a used or one from the junkyard
Old 02-26-2006, 12:57 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

get a cf hood.. weight reduction > *

but if u're all stock, get a used one off a board member.. no need to paint it, thus cheaper
Old 02-26-2006, 01:24 PM
omarh

wow cool. I never even realized you could replace the hood with something lighter...
one question...they don't appear to come in stock colors..so do you just order these, then take them down to your local paint shop??
Old 02-26-2006, 01:28 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

cf comes mostly in black... tht's why it'll look weird on a stock car.. u can paint it, but wat's the point of wasting more money? get an OEM hood off a member here for cheap.. no need to repaint, and cheaper than the stealership....
Old 02-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Hondapower80

Default Warranty

Your car only has 24k and is a 2004. Take it to the stealership, and they will fix your headliner. That is what the three year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty is for.

As for the hood, try to buy it off a member, check ebay, junkyards, etc.... It will be cheaper than buying an oem hood and having it repainted.