Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

how much for installation?

Old 02-23-2006, 08:34 PM
OblivionLord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much for installation?

I've done all the wiring for my new 2 amp systems on my 98 civic ex. It took 5 hours to do just the doors to get the wire from inside the car to go through the black rubber boot nicley and through the molex. Took 4 hours to get the fuse at the battery all hooked up along with dismantling alot of the plastic on the car just to get the wires easy access to hide. It took about 4 hours to set up the distribution block, hide all the wires and connect all the wires to the amps.

I'd say about 15 hours in total for work. Now I've never been to best buy or circut city to see exactly how they connected everything but they sure do it in alot less time needed compared to me. I usualy glance in their garage and see just 1 guy doing the work on 1 car.

Maybe what I did was specialty work compared to the local stores but, is it really speciality work or just 1 man doing it all taking all that time? How much money would it be to do exactly what I did at a shop?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:38 PM
cobbcustomz

seems like what you didnt wouldnt be considered speciality work, since it was the basic wiring of a system but with all the components its probably in hte $200 range. I believe speciality audio work around here costs like $45 an hour or something around that
Old 02-24-2006, 05:33 AM
VPUPPY

If this is your first system, that is why it took so long. I used to work at CC and usually one guy works on a car(or more if they are slow). It takes about 1.5-2hrs hrs to put a system in, depending upon the car. Also, it depends on what is going into the car(just subs, 4 speakers and subs, 2 amps with 4 speakers and subs). A basic sub amp install is like around $65.