50,000m slipping transmission still working [Go Honda!]

Old 02-23-2006, 07:30 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50,000m slipping transmission still working [Go Honda!]

Just an update.

98 Accord 2.3L 4AT

Transmission has been slipping since 90,000 miles, I had an opportunity to drive it the other day with 140,000 miles and it's still slipping! Hasn't failed yet.

I'm going to go back to my -S now.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:38 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate you and your beautiful car :happysad:
Old 02-23-2006, 07:42 AM
kenton

I finally learned how to drive it Chris, you'd be so proud!!!

Plus I added a whole bunch of shit. I'll take good pictures this weekend and post in the member pictures forum.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:22 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Yay! I'm proud of you. I'm looking at getting a 6th gen Civic HX as a daily driver and long trip car (I drive 120mi/day for work and my girlfriend lives 250 miles from my college) then selling it when I buy an RSX-S or Accord 6-speed summer 2007. I can master the stick as well!!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:26 PM
kenton

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Yay! I'm proud of you. I'm looking at getting a 6th gen Civic HX as a daily driver and long trip car (I drive 120mi/day for work and my girlfriend lives 250 miles from my college) then selling it when I buy an RSX-S or Accord 6-speed summer 2007. I can master the stick as well!!
I think I would've been better off with an Accord V6 6MT. Too bad it was about 5-6K more expensive than my car. Options like navigation and not having to rev 1st and 2nd to 4K to keep up with traffic would've been nice

I too am trying to get a beater. In the 7 months I've had the RSX I've put 13K on it so far... 94-? Accord or 92-? Civic. Decent ones are pretty pricey. Even decent 90-93 Accords were still $2500-3000
Old 02-23-2006, 12:35 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by kenton
I think I would've been better off with an Accord V6 6MT. Too bad it was about 5-6K more expensive than my car. Options like navigation and not having to rev 1st and 2nd to 4K to keep up with traffic would've been nice

I too am trying to get a beater. In the 7 months I've had the RSX I've put 13K on it so far... 94-? Accord or 92-? Civic. Decent ones are pretty pricey. Even decent 90-93 Accords were still $2500-3000
You can have my Accord If I can borrow the RSX for a few months h:

The only reason I want the V6 is for the torque and the navi. Plus it has a lot more creature comforts and I do a shitload of highway travelling. But I'd really love the 8k RPMs and the great handling
Old 02-23-2006, 12:53 PM
kenton

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
You can have my Accord If I can borrow the RSX for a few months h:

The only reason I want the V6 is for the torque and the navi. Plus it has a lot more creature comforts and I do a shitload of highway travelling. But I'd really love the 8k RPMs and the great handling
I'm thinking of adding one of those dual-din Eclipse/Pioneer/Kenwood/Whoeverischeapeastandhasmostfeatures 6.5" monitors with navigation. All and all, and replacing my door/rear speakers (I'll keep that shitty BOSE bass box) will be about $1500. Not too bad, actually as much as adding navigation to the Si would've been.

And yeah, the RSX-S handles great. I've added Mugen front and rear strut bars, Integra Type-R floor bar and Megan C-pillar bar (bling bar). On top of that I'm dropped about 1.5F/1.8R on Megan Racing 32-way adjustable coilovers with front pillow ball mounts. SPC rear camber kit. The coilovers were $840 and they're better than the Tein SS-P because you can adjust ride height independent of the spring preload. If I slammed my car it would still handle good.

Here's a picture of my rear bars, and btw: the seats perfectly fold up, the c-pillar bar is about 1.5" behind the passengers heads, no one yet has hit their head on it.

Here's a photo album actually, but it doesn't have pictures of new stuff (TODA exhaust, Injen CAI)

http://ualr.facebook.com/album.php?a...0&id=120500744
Old 02-23-2006, 01:14 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by kenton
I'm thinking of adding one of those dual-din Eclipse/Pioneer/Kenwood/Whoeverischeapeastandhasmostfeatures 6.5" monitors with navigation. All and all, and replacing my door/rear speakers (I'll keep that shitty BOSE bass box) will be about $1500. Not too bad, actually as much as adding navigation to the Si would've been.

And yeah, the RSX-S handles great. I've added Mugen front and rear strut bars, Integra Type-R floor bar and Megan C-pillar bar (bling bar). On top of that I'm dropped about 1.5F/1.8R on Megan Racing 32-way adjustable coilovers with front pillow ball mounts. SPC rear camber kit. The coilovers were $840 and they're better than the Tein SS-P because you can adjust ride height independent of the spring preload. If I slammed my car it would still handle good.

Here's a picture of my rear bars, and btw: the seats perfectly fold up, the c-pillar bar is about 1.5" behind the passengers heads, no one yet has hit their head on it.

Here's a photo album actually, but it doesn't have pictures of new stuff (TODA exhaust, Injen CAI)

http://ualr.facebook.com/album.php?a...0&id=120500744

I have a Garmin Nuvi 350 navi/mp3 player/picture viewer/everything, I highly highly recommend it. It's currently the best handheld available and the antenna is strong enough so that you can use it as a guide when walking through big cities. I originally wanted a double din navi but the Nuvi 350 is just as powerful, but more importantly I can stick it to my windshield whenever I want