Notices

2000 Integra - remove lower dash / left AC vent?

Old 02-22-2006, 11:51 AM
jnojr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Integra - remove lower dash / left AC vent?

I need to remove the left AC vent (that has the sunroof switch built into it). I removed the two screws at the bottom of the lower dash piece. It's still attached at the top somehow. I see a screw inside the small ashtray to the left of the steering column (I've had this car for 6 years and never boticed it! ), but can't figure out how to get that ashtray out to remove that screw. Are there any other screws hiding in there?

Once I have that piece out, I assume there's some way to get the sunroof switch to pop out so I can remove the screw behind it. Is there anything else to removing that vent?

And while I'm asking, is there any trick to removing the far-right AC vent? It was out (dog pulled it out and chewed up the dash ). I've got a guy coming back to repair the dash. When he was here earlier, he popped it back in, and it's stuck there now... I assume there's some place to put a screwdriver to pop it out without breaking any tabs?
Old 02-22-2006, 12:39 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

you need to pull out the sunroof piece first... that just pulls out (the entire switch)... then you can look up inside the vent and there is a single screw holding the thing in place... as for the right side... not sure... good luck though
Old 02-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Ithinkyourlost
2001 GS-R

Heh, i should probably fix mine too... one night i got in my car in a hurry and my knee busted the crap out of the left AC vent lol. so its in pieces and i just havent taken it off yet to fix it
Old 06-15-2016, 01:54 AM
Jonty25252

Hii
Why you want to remove the left AC vent, vent tabs is broken ?? Because in case of vent tabs broken you can replace vent tabs no need to change whole vent. This is cheaper than others. This is also save your money.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:43 AM
Martinadam
Vent Tabs

Hi Watch this Video
May be it is helpful for you..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcR3ClGQuJc

Thanks