Notices

Left Side door won't open inside or out...there's a reason.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:19 AM
grrbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Side door won't open inside or out...there's a reason.

Last night me and my friends were attempting to install my new Kenwood door speakers, mind you we're going by the guidance of a Honda manual because I'm impatient. Well when we did get my doors open we found out that my right door's wirign is fucked and doesn't get any sound, and the left side is stripped off at the end and it's brass wire coiled around to the speaker hooks. I didn't bring my wires or clips on accident so we decided to leave the speakers out and put the doors back together. We got the left one fixed, and then with the left. We were putting it together and when we had it all done my friend tried to open it and we heard something fall. Same thing happened to the left door, well the cable that opens the door from the inside fell out and my friends dad helped us get that one back. But now that my right side door is closed, and won't open from the inside or out...what do I do now? Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:24 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

i'm getting confused ...

you tried to install door speakers
put everything back together
broke the hinge cable on both doors
got one door working

now you're stuck with a closed door and no way to remove the door panel?
Old 02-22-2006, 11:50 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are no 'cables', so I'm really confused. There are metal rods but no cables.

There's a way to get the door open but it's not pretty...I had to do this because my locking mechanism got rusted shut and all the WD40 and lubricant in the world wouldn't set it free.

1) Pull off the door panel. I had to cut a hole in mine for leverage because I have a 2 door. 4 doors are easier.
2) Reconnect the rod that fell out.
3) ???
4) Profit
Old 02-22-2006, 12:22 PM
grrbear

Yeah the metal rod is what I'm talking about. We got the other one back in but this one is out. I do have a 4 door and I do have a way to remove the door panel and fit it back in, but it was a pain in the ass fittign the other one in so yeah. Just wondering if there was an easier way. Sorreh for confusing you guys.