Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.
View Poll Results: which minivan
Honda Odyssey
82.86%
Toyota Sienna
5.71%
Nissan Quest
0%
Mazda MPV
8.57%
Chevy Venture
0%
Dodge Caravan
2.86%
Kia Sedona
0%
Pontiac Montana
0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

If you had to choose between these minivns....

Old 02-21-2006, 11:15 AM
AcuraFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fstop128
many relatives have had vans. mazda had bad lifters and camshaft under 30,000mi. dodge and chrysler cousins bad trannies even after replacements under warranty. nissan wiring hazard shocked thru the cigarette lighter, chevy caught fire in the drive way something wrong in the dash..honda or toyota i guess r good. if u can get a toyota without the sludge problem.
Toyota fixed the sludging issues a while ago, unless you're talking late 90's Sienna h:
Old 02-21-2006, 11:24 AM
pnthr30

The Ody's are very nice. However, I have had 2 Grand Caravans, and I can't really complain about them........they have been pretty trouble free - both were 100K plus in mileage. Good luck!
Old 02-21-2006, 11:38 AM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

I love the interior of the late model Siennas. My uncle has one and loves it, but he is a bit biased since he's a Toyota nut ( Owned quiet a few since '90 ). Odyssey would be my first choice but can;t go wrong with either.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:41 PM
ItsaHonda

The GM mini vans are okay mechanically (the 3400 V6 is no where near as refined or sophisticates as the V6s from Honda or Toyota) but they are generally reliable. I wouldn't touch a Dodge Caravan with a 10ft. pole. My experience with Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth/Jeep has been that they are excellent for the first 4-5 years. Afterwards, they turn to junk regardless of proper maintenance/care. Mopars are good for people who lease a car for a few years and then get rid of it.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:25 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I would have to take a look at the Odyssey, Sienna and Town & Country. The Ody has the typical Honda plusses and is pretty luxo, the Sienna is uber luxo, and the T&C has the stow-n-go seats. Now that they fixed the interior on the '07 quest I might take a look. The Kia Sedona (and now Hyundai Entourage) are brand new for '06 and are pretty competitive in features and priced right so those would be worth a look as well.

My mom had a Chrysler Town & Country as her primary vehicle from Feb 1996 through May 2005 and it worked for her alright so I wouldn't be worried about it. But then again, she did have to have her transmission rebuilt a coupla times in those 9 years. In all fairness, the original trans didn't go until like spring of '03, and then the rebuild took a shit in jan of '05, which prompted her to finally get an Acura MDX in may of '05. She still had a good 7 years of no problems.

GM is trash in general, they made the front ends ugly in a lame attempt to make them look trucky, offer no unique features and are underpowered, so I would not consider those. The Mazda MPV is like 7/8-scale size compared to the other not-so-minivans out there, but then again the whole point of buyin a minivan is space efficiency so I wouldn't really look at the MPV.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:27 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

Originally Posted by Brad

ftw
sold!:bigok:
Old 02-21-2006, 05:35 PM
'98 EX RED
King of the Auto Civic

MPV if your looking for a few years old. Rear windows roll down, they are great for getting in trouble with. I mean, they are great for picking kids up from soccer practice. Then getting in trouble.