Notices

idle adjustment

Old 02-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Accord23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle adjustment

hey i have a 96 accord and i have a question what is the problem with my car when i start the car but i leave it on for a while and the rpm needle goes up and down and it is not below 1000 rpms so what is the cause of this problem and also where is the evap control pressure switch located because my car failed emmissions and it also has a bad egr valve and also a bad oxygen sensor so how much will this all cost to fix before i take it to the emmisions test again.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:27 PM
tom15425

Well, O2 sensors are cheap so no worries there. The other stuff I'm not absolutely sure and so I don't want to give you bad info. The idle thing: there was a thread yesterday about it. Good luck.

Heres the link: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=223601
Old 02-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Lonewolf1

Just had the same problem...after the car would warm up it would fluctuate from 1000 to 2000 rpm. I took it to a local mechanic..roipped me off...didn't fix it...gave up took it to the Honda dealer and it was nothing but that they cleaned the throttle body and the IAC valve. There is a little wire mesh filter inthere that gets clogged wiwth carbon and confuses the IACvalve...they just cleaned it, didn't replace it. It cost me $266. at the Honda place. You might get it done cheaperm but Honda knows what they are doing..so I actually spent more money before I took it there..I should have took it in the first place. 3 different mechanics told me 3 different things and none of them fixed the problem.....GIVE UP take it to the honda place get the throttle body cleaned!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:57 AM
skylert

Default Location

I have a 92 Honda Accord LX SOHC with intermittent rough idling. Can someone show me with images or provide detailed instructions on where to find the IAVC and the FITV? I have also noticed that the car runs at a higher rpm while driving it. Can someone help me out?

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:31 PM
semyonlibman

Originally Posted by skylert
I have a 92 Honda Accord LX SOHC with intermittent rough idling. Can someone show me with images or provide detailed instructions on where to find the IAVC and the FITV? I have also noticed that the car runs at a higher rpm while driving it. Can someone help me out?

Thanks!
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...16&postcount=6