Notices

fan keeps running

Old 02-20-2006, 07:01 AM
meangreen90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fan keeps running

friend's gotta '94 accord and the fan keeps running for a long long time after she shuts the car off. not like 5 min's but more like hours. she said she had the fan replaced by her mechanic back home b/c when it did the same thing, thats what he thought the problem was. to me the fan is a dummy that does what it's told so it would have to be the fan relay correct? anyonee else had this problem?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:28 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got a repair manual for '94? I don't...

I think that year has a fan timer module & 2 separate fan switches. One switch at the thermostat housing is responsible for running the fan when the engine's running. The other switch is at the upper radiator hose (in the head or in the nozzle). Unplug that switch to see if that makes the fan stop. If so, replace that fan switch.

If that's not it, maybe the fan timer module is bad. The car has fan relays, but the timer module is something different.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:39 PM
meangreen90

well my '90 accord runs the fan for about 3-5 min's after motor is off and it has gotten to operating temp..never had a prob with it. hers just runs and runs so it's probably that timer then...got any idea where it's located? and no i don't have a '94 manual but i've got my haynes '90 manual...we'll see what they say...not expecting much.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:50 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

try the cooling fan relay (near the top of the radiator).... if not, it's the cooling fan switch (which was on the thermostat housing my my 92 teg).... worst case scenario, it's a faulty thermostat..hope tht helps