Notices

2k accord tire question

Old 02-18-2006, 05:24 AM
hondajeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2k accord tire question

hello,I have a 2000 honda accord with 19x8 axis rims w/215-35-19 tires. these tires almost have no sidewall and i want to get alittle more tire. the car is lowered 1.5" eibach pro kit and i have the wheels straightened out with a camber kit. I was wondering if i could go with a 235/35/19 tire. i work at a bodyshop and have no problem modifying the fender edges and inner wheel shields to prevent rubbing. I'm worried about steering problems like the tire acually rubbing the inner frame not allowing the wheel to be turned all the way. any suggestions??
Old 02-18-2006, 09:04 PM
jschmid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

235's are kinda close to pushing it. I've heard of people doing it, but 225 is a much more common size for our cars. I'd say if you can find a way to measure the clearance at the range of movement up front and the clearance in the rear, and you have at least 1cm of clearance then 235's should be good...you only need another .5cm in reality. But keep in mind that one tire brand and model in a 235 isn't always the same as a different brand and model's 235...there can be variation enough to have a problem if it's close, that's why I say at least 1cm of clearance.

Good luck!