Notices

Bluetooth hands-free from TL to Accord?

Old 02-16-2006, 08:39 AM
1K Prof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth hands-free from TL to Accord?

Hi,
Am trying to get a seamless bluetooth (BT) phone connection to a 2006 Accord EX-V6 with Navi. I know that you can buy a 3rd party BT unit but they don't integrate in with the Navi display and steering wheel talk button. The Acura TL of course has this all in it from the factory. Since the Navi units are the same in the Accord and TL's, seems like one ought to be able to just buy the BT under dash transducer unit for the Acura TL and connect it into the Navi in the Accord with a harness or Y-cable, just like is done in the TL, and use it through the Navi and steering wheel button just like on the TL. Does anyone know if this does work (and if so, which cable and parts are needed and where to get them), or if it doesn't work, (and if it doesn't, why not)?
Thanks lots!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:07 AM
96HawkCnvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't answer your question although I'll bet it might be possible. I'm just guessing here because I've done no research, but I'd think that you might run into a problem with software needed to make this work might not be activated for the radios that go into the Accord. :dunno:

Along these lines, I also have an '06 Accord (V6, 6spd Sedan) but without Navi. If someday I'm lucky enough to find a deal on a used Navi unit from a wrecked Accord or TL, is it plug & play?

Thanks,
Todd