Notices

Introduction

Old 02-15-2006, 10:09 AM
BlueOnBlack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction

Well, I've been away for a while (about a year). I have a 04 Accord V6 6 speed coupe, Shapphire Blue Pearl with Black Leather interior.
Couple a mods:

225/45/18 Michelin Pilot Sports on 18 x 71/2 Kazera wheels
22 mm Comptech rear sway bar
HFP spring/shock suspension package

Now, I haven't been here for awhile. Last winter I was looking for an Accord or Civic to use as a second car. At first I thought "winter beater" but I kept aiming my sights higher. I finally set $3000 as a max price. I wanted a 91 to 93 Accord (4th gen) but alls I keep seeing were cars that either had a pile a miles on them or had some defect(s) that would need attention.

Believe it or not, I had a revelation! I thought I could buy an old Mopar fixer uper fot that same price.......again....diappointment. I upped my price ceiling and expectations some more. Long story short, I found something I'm very happy with:

1967 Chrysler 300 convertible...440 TNT engine with 2 four barrel carbs... automatic. The car has all the performance goodies and a few luxury items (nothing compared to todays cars with all their gizmos). It's a 'partially reatored' car. I paid $16K for it That's a whole lot more than $3 for an Accord 4th gen driver. It IS a nice car. I have been spending the last year at old Mopar and Chrysler sites. SOOOO, I've been away.

I'll post some more details later if anyone is interested!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:12 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

:wavey:

welcome to the boards man. This thread is all about you, so go nuts with the pictures.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:08 AM
BlueOnBlack

Hey, Thanks. A blow my own horn thread for sure!
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post pic or not at this point. I will try to after I post this reply and see what happens. Anyway, the pic in my Avatar is a picture of the engine compartment of the 300.

Now, I should say, I spent over $3000 getting the Chrysler roadworthy. It still has a few issues to be ironed out but it is safe and drivable and FUN. It's a 4500 pound barge that actually moves out pretty good. Handling, while not TOO bad for a car of its era, can't hold a candle to my ACCORD.

I will be starting to mod the 300 starting this spring. New front sway, and torsion bars, add a rear sway and heavy duty 7 leaf leaf springs at the rear. Lots more to come....don't have the time or inclination to mod the Accord anymore!

Anyone else into the "old school" iron?? Not necessarily American. There are plenty of classic foreign jobbies out there. A nice restored or hot-rodded old Porsche 911 or 944 would be nice (if not EX$$pen$$ive)
Old 02-16-2006, 06:54 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Sweet, post pics for sure.