Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Yet another alarm thread

Old 01-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another alarm thread

I didn't want to jack the other guy's alarm thread so I thought I would start my own. Will, feel free to add it to the other person's if you see fit.

My question:

I have an 01 GSR that I'm installing a pretty high end sound system in. I want to get an alarm for it with pager, glass sensors, etc. I'm not afraid to spend some money on it either. My hang-up is I don't trust ANYONE in the area to install it. I want to install it myself. I have the knowledge, tools, and patience to do it correctly and the way I want it done. Does anyone know where to get a good DEI alarm over the web with full manufacturer's warranty that I can install myself? I don't want to get one off of Ebay either.

TIA!
Old 01-22-2006, 07:56 PM
b00gers

http://www.directed.com/contact/locator.asp

You can check there for local dealers that can sell you the alarm.

I am not sure if they have authorized internet dealers. I cant find that info on their website. You can always email them and ask.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Originally Posted by b00gers
http://www.directed.com/contact/locator.asp

You can check there for local dealers that can sell you the alarm.

I am not sure if they have authorized internet dealers. I cant find that info on their website. You can always email them and ask.
I'll have to drop them an e-mail and ask. I've talked to quite a few of the places that they list and none of them will sell me just the alarm. They tell me that they must also install it. :sad:
Old 01-26-2006, 04:40 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

^ thats the lame thing, by law it's required of them to do the "professional" install, go to pricegrabber.com type in the system you want (791xv) and 2 sites will come up about $200 shipped to your front door... i just got mine in the mail today