Notices

Baaaaaaaaaad Turbo Fitment!

Old 01-17-2006, 09:11 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baaaaaaaaaad Turbo Fitment!

WELL, i figured its time to start the install and all didnt go well. Ill get pics very soon but the BLOX manifold w/ turbo and wastegate together doesnt fit. The wastegate either hits the top of the motor, its cover, or the turbo bumps into the block. IS THIS NORMAL, im thinking no. prob cant tell w/o pics but has anyone ran into this problem?
Old 01-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Need pics. You might need a different manifold.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:41 PM
rugsr

pics of the mani or how it is sitting in the engine bay. BTW if you look at the front of the motor there are strips of the block coming out. looks like a weird design. mabye for heat? ANYWAYS can i grind one down? iv have pics by tomorrow of it in the bay but the mani is this one

another manifold would be GAY, any in mind. i want a center flange for the WG
Old 01-17-2006, 09:42 PM
dubcac
I

On most t3/t4 setups when the turbo sits near the block, the block webbing needs to be notched to fit the turbo.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:43 PM
rugsr

yea ok the web, thats what i mean. so its ok to notch them?
Old 01-18-2006, 11:22 PM
rugsr

ok well here they are. as you can see the manifold fits w/ the turbo but NOT all the way. the turbo bumps into the webing on the block. because of this the mani doesnt sit flush. the TIAL 38mm WG ALSO wont fit nicely. its 2 close to the engine as well. Ihad to take the AC fan out AND the regular fan inorder for the turbo to fit. LOOK, can you see how the fan will not fit cuz the turbo is in the way. Ive seen urboed tegs w/o any fans.......safe or nah? so what do i do now guys

NOW with the intercooler, YES I KNOW ITS UPSIDE DOWN, there are little tabs (2nd pic) that need to be cut off so it says fulsh with the bumper. cut them right, thats OK?
Old 01-19-2006, 01:21 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Find a lower profile fan. Shrouds are good, but not critical.

Grind down the block a touch to fit the turbo, it's not going to hurt it unless you take off a LOT of material.

Do not grind the head... will any smaller wastegate fit?
Old 01-19-2006, 05:33 AM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

If it was me i would work on one thing at a time. Is your setup AC, PS compatable? If not then thats the reason you had to remove your ac components, because they shouldnt be there. Also some use the slim radiator fans to increase the amount of work space they have.

Also just fix one problem at a time. Get the turbo and manifold to sit flush first. Take a grinder or dremel (probably preffered since it wont remove that much material fast) and take off very very little checking fitment in between and grind it as little as you can to get a perfect fit. Once you get the turbo mounted correctly and the manifold to sit flush that might make more room for the wastegate. maybe you might need a new manifold to work with your setup, or after you get the turbo setup done and it sits flush it may be a tight fit, but may work.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:15 AM
carta79
Life after death

I posted a while back that you would have fitment problems with that setup.

Listen to Kai!
Old 01-19-2006, 06:19 AM
rugsr

its not ac compatable, i didnt want AC anyways. Where can i get a slim rad. fan to fit the teg? know of a place? i have a cut off tool hooked up to my compressor with a cutting wheel, think thats fine? true, mabye the WG will fit when mani sits flush.