Notices

Keyless Fob Question

Old 01-17-2006, 01:50 PM
worktech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Fob Question

Hey I am new to the acura world... I just bought a 1997 Acura Integra LS (hatch), and it came with 2 keys and 1 keyless entry "fob" It didn't work at all so the guy that sold it to me said it is probably just a dead battery. I got a battery temporarily from my friend's civic keyless entry remote and put it in and it worked somewhat. Like the range didn't seem that great. So I went to Wal-Mart and bought the battery number that was written on the back of my Keyless fob and put it in. The little red light on the fob lights up solid when I press anything on it but it does absolutely nothing as far as unlocking/locking/panic. I wonder... I don't really know anything about Acura but the night I tried my friends battery, I forgot I locked it with keyless, so the alarm went off when I used the key on the hatch. Is there anything anyone can think of that might fix this? Maybe some sort of reset?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Jasher325

not recommended though if all else fail cut the wires to the alarm horn*....lol
Old 01-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Red GSR

Help you break into a car huh? Even though your story sounds truthful, I don't think anyone should be posting an open answer here. Just get your friend's battery again to unlock the car.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:29 AM
riskyb

if its an acura or dealer key fob, i might need to be roprogrammed by the dealer
Old 01-19-2006, 08:26 AM
worktech

I reprogrammed the key using steps someone told me, and now it works half the time, seems like a weak connection or signal or something. Blah I dont trust it because I dont want another situation with my car alarm going off at 1am lol... So... I was thinking about getting an aftermarket alarm system? How expensive do those run typically? I think I'd have to have someone else install it because I am no car whiz
Old 01-19-2006, 09:48 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

yeah alarms are simple but very time-consuming and you have to know what your looking at in a mess of wires... have a pro do it... whats your budget... the viper 791xv and 771xv are both awesome products... 791 = $500 ish and best buy will install for free if you buy from them