Notices

Last week

Old 01-15-2006, 06:27 PM
AcuraLsSE
ASE Certified

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Last week

Ok alittle over a week ago i went out to my car unlocking it with the keyless, when i went to open the door it locked the doors because it would only unlock half way. I have to unlock it by key now. When i start the car the doors will unlock and lock all i want. so i thought maybe it was the battery. I'm getting 12.5 volts with the car off and 14.5 when it is running. do you guys have any ideas?
Old 01-16-2006, 02:44 AM
honura
Seni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is weird! Does it lock and unlock when the car is off and your in it? Or only when started?
Old 01-16-2006, 02:46 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

definately not the battery if thats your voltage readout ... you could have a wire crossed or grounded in your alarm setup... how long did it work before?

bad actuators? :dunno:
Old 01-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Is it on both doors or just one door? If it is only on one door, you may need to spray some lube in the lock.
If it is both doors. I would look for a loose ground in the keyless unit or a failing lock relay.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:14 PM
AcuraLsSE
ASE Certified

Originally Posted by honura
This is weird! Does it lock and unlock when the car is off and your in it? Or only when started?
no it wont lock or unlock until the car is started not even with the main power lock
Old 01-16-2006, 03:16 PM
AcuraLsSE
ASE Certified

Originally Posted by Hondaman
Is it on both doors or just one door? If it is only on one door, you may need to spray some lube in the lock.
If it is both doors. I would look for a loose ground in the keyless unit or a failing lock relay.
At first it was only the driver side and now its both
Old 01-16-2006, 03:24 PM
AcuraLsSE
ASE Certified

Originally Posted by tegbooster
definately not the battery if thats your voltage readout ... you could have a wire crossed or grounded in your alarm setup... how long did it work before?

bad actuators? :dunno:
the locks have worked fine from when i got the car untill last week. I have had the car for about 8 months. the locks will work fine for about an hour after the car is turned off but when it sits for a while i have to use the key again
Old 01-16-2006, 03:27 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

that's really weird honestly... im thinking a wire got burned thru or something in the harness for the alarm... pop off your door panels... remove the plastic and see if there is anything in the way... i think it's with the alarm though not the locks