Notices

Apexi Safc...Would it benefit me?

Old 01-15-2006, 09:56 AM
91civicb16a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi Safc...Would it benefit me?

Hey, I got my integra LS about a month ago and i already have a aem short ram intake, JDM style 4-1 header, random tech. high flow cat, and apexi ws2 cat back done for motor performance. I am planning on doing all bolt-ons soon, but a friend of mine has a brand new black apexi safc and I was wondering if getting one and getting tuned would equal out to more horsepower? Thanks for your time Zach
Old 01-15-2006, 08:23 PM
BLKGSR

If your going to tune with the safc, your going to need adjustable cam gears and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

So in my opinion, I would wait until your gone with everything that you want to do, then get it tuned with the safc, if the safc shows to be suffient enough for your package.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:32 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

depends how high you want to go... SAFC is great for low-level tuning... there is very little that you can do to your ECU that way... using something with a bit more tune-ability like crome, uberdata, hondata will yield better results...u just need someone that knows what they're doing
Old 01-16-2006, 02:38 AM
honura
Seni

Originally Posted by tegbooster
depends how high you want to go... SAFC is great for low-level tuning... there is very little that you can do to your ECU that way... using something with a bit more tune-ability like crome, uberdata, hondata will yield better results...u just need someone that knows what they're doing

I'd go that route. Althought I do like the look of the Safc but it's minimal tuning sucks.