Notices

Wheel hub!

Old 01-14-2006, 05:40 PM
honura
Seni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel hub!

Ohh man I changed everything in the frontend of my car. And finally last week I said let me check the hub bearing. One side was fine the other was ripped up. So I finally after about 5 months. I changed it and ohh man does the car feel smooth. Just wanted to share.

When coming down to florida from N.Y. it was a light hummm. After being here and driving it more and more it got worse. So anyways Im happy. Took about 30mins to remove and replace. If anyone needs help hit me up and I will walk you through it.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Yeah, I love the feeling of replacing worn wheel bearings. Mine were so bad, you couldn't even hear the exhaust anymore.

It was as relieving as taking a big shit. h:
Old 01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
honura
Seni

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
Yeah, I love the feeling of replacing worn wheel bearings. Mine were so bad, you couldn't even hear the exhaust anymore.

It was as relieving as taking a big shit. h:

Tell me about it. I can hear my radio nice and clear, and when I hit the gas you can hear the muffler the way you should be able to hear it. One thing I did notice was the rear middle part of the bearing the one the actually goes into the hub not the knockle part sticks out a bit. I found it wierd but then again I never looked at the old one installed to know if it was fine or not. Ehh It drives fine.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:43 PM
503lsVtec

I am going to have to change the passenger side rear wheel hub as well..
A: Is it as simply as it appears in the haynes manual?
B: They show using a Slide Hammer do you think I need this and if so can get it from autozone w/ the right attachment.
C: What I can't really tell from the picture or without looking at it in person, how exaclty do I "unstake the hubnut".. Is there just a tab or something that I need to bend?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2006, 11:19 PM
gsr wannabe

Yeah, I need new wheel bearings bad...I have full knuckle assemblies collecting dust --gsr-- ( into a hatch )--I was thinking of just replacing the whole knuckle assembly /upper control arm--the bushings/rubber/ball joints through the whole knuckle ( on car ) need to be replaced...figured I'd save some trouble and just swap it all out......full brake swap will have to wait, though

PS--do you need an alignment done after you replace the wheel bearings? If I can get them changed with out the 65$ screwjob ( the f***ing computer does all the work ) alignment, then bullie for me...

Last edited by gsr wannabe; 04-08-2006 at 11:26 PM.