Notices

My Horn doesn't Work. Integra 2000

Old 01-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Tota1Ecl1pse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Horn doesn't Work. Integra 2000

It is first time browsing web to fix my horn. I got into little accident on my front bumper and right blinky was damage... after the accident, everything works except the horn.

When I push horn button on my steering wheel, I just hear click sound. I am really new to car...and only thing I know is change tire... "I don't even know how to change oil "

1. I am wondering if there is good website that I can buy just regular horn ( doesn't have to be fancy)? or from Shucks?? Then what brand is decent and cheap?

2. Is there website that might help me to put the Horn into my car by myself ? once I purchased it???? Hopely with pictures? Personally, all I know is changing tire... changing horn can be done by someone like me? Without big auto parts tools???

3. If changing horn bymyself is impossible ( or very hard), then how much usually need to be spend in shop (someone else will do it for me)?
for ex) by purchase new horn and install?
for ex) just changing fuze??
for ex) or reconnecting lines?? I mean with pictures???? underhood pictures or something like that for noob like me.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2006, 03:45 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

yeah check the fuse for the horn... also, i believe that your horn is located facing down in front of your engine on the passenger side.... go ahead and look there. the horn looks like this

but without the PIAA logo on it of course...and a bit smaller...

if you were to buy and install a new horn...it's very very simple... just a single harness with 2 wires and you can splice them if you have to, it's a positive (green i think) and a negative (black) that's all, very simple... first check fuses... then check connections
Old 01-13-2006, 06:56 PM
hodwiththestrip
My GS-R

i have a 2000 integra as well. i was in an accident and my horn went out. I've already replaced the right fender but my horn still doesn't work. I just haven't taken the time to look at it, but i'm hoping i just blew out a fuse or knocked a wire loose.

That clicking noise you're hearing inside the car is the relay in your dash. so that's a good clicking.

Tomorrow morning i will take a look at my horn and see if i can fix it and i'll get back to you.

I agree with tegbooster that this would be a simple project for you, a great starter project to help get you under that hood. Your horn is visible from the outside of your car on the passenger side. just look up from the ground and through your front grill and you should be able to find a round metal thing with a whole in the middle of it.