Notices

Has anyone else experienced a "groaning sound" from your Integra while it's sitting?

Old 01-12-2006, 12:55 PM
BADST GS-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone else experienced a "groaning sound" from your Integra while it's sitting?

No... I haven't been drinking. But my Integra has been making this "groaning sound" for a while. My co-worked came up to me and said, "Hey... your car is making noises." Does anyone know that this is? Yes... I am being serious.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:12 PM
magicaltrout

does it sound like an electric motor? mine has that odd sound also.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:26 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be ABS modulator? Is it kind of a "whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" sound that lasts maybe 2 or 3 seconds at a time and happens randomly?
Old 01-12-2006, 06:18 PM
BADST GS-R

Originally Posted by red94teg
could be ABS modulator? Is it kind of a "whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" sound that lasts maybe 2 or 3 seconds at a time and happens randomly?
Yeah... that could be it. It is coming from the front. It only lasts a few seconds. By the time I run over to the car to listen to it better. It's gone. The I'll walk by the car hours later and sure enough it makes the noise again.
Is this "normal"?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:51 AM
KaBlookie
4-doors ROCK

wait...does this happen while the engine is off??? your description makes it sound like this is the case...

if it happens while the engine is on, then yeah it's prolly just the ABS modulator...my car occasionally does that not too much after I start the car up, and occasionally when ABS is active.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:02 AM
BADST GS-R

Originally Posted by KaBlookie
wait...does this happen while the engine is off??? your description makes it sound like this is the case...

if it happens while the engine is on, then yeah it's prolly just the ABS modulator...my car occasionally does that not too much after I start the car up, and occasionally when ABS is active.
I notice it when the engine is off. I can't notice it if the engine is running (that doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't making that noise when the engine is running).
Old 01-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Jasher325

sounds like you have a baby bear underneath your hood?
Old 01-13-2006, 12:08 PM
thumper

Haha I have heard of cats crawling up in the engine bay. It probably has to do something with the engine cooling down. good luck
Old 01-13-2006, 12:31 PM
BADST GS-R

No cats or bears under the hood. It has nothing to do with the engine cooling down as it will make that same noise after the car has been sitting for hours... even overnight in a garage where no animals can call my Acura, "home".

My cats are too busy watching tv to be making a home in my Acura.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00389.JPG (15.8 KB, 11 views)