Notices

Burning Alot Of Oil And Gas

Old 01-12-2006, 11:51 AM
dohcvtec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning Alot Of Oil And Gas

I had a 2000 integra gsr.....nomod stock, burning lots of oil and gas..i dont know wats wrong wit it i replace new cat converter, vtec oil pressure switch tune up still the same.....the car starts in the morning perfect..when i drive it for a while....i turn the car off and start again but it started to hesitate and humbles alot like misfire...oh yeah when i get it diagnostic test it shows RAMDOM MISFIRE CODES in every cylinder......and it really slow.....when i try to speed up.......the rpm going really slow too.....dont know but i been driving like this for 2 months now....so can anyone please help me.....there's no oil leak too...nothing...im using 91 octane premium gas recommended for the car..61000 miles on the engine can i used catrol syn 10w 30 or 5w 30 on the motor...
Old 01-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You need a tuneup desperately. Random misfire codes are due to a worn ignition system. Replace the plugs, wires, cap/rotor and see if that clears it up.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Brar
|:]

yea when was the last time u had one? that will prob fix everything
Old 01-12-2006, 01:25 PM
hodwiththestrip
My GS-R

yea def get new plugs and wires, but you said you checked your codes and it said you were misfireing. This could also be contributing to the car running like crap. For certain codes the ecu will basically flood the engine so that you can limp it home to fix whatever is wrong with it, with out doing major damage to the car. So I think your problem is probably a combination of bad ignition and your ecu's safe mode kicking in.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Jasher325

Had a similai prob. turned out to be distributer along with a few o-rings were leaking. Did a ring and valve cover gasket{note*valve cover wasn't leaking though it comes with the oil ring set} ,checked and cleaned cap and rotor{wires weren't briddle so i left em on} changed plugs{making sure gap was just right, adding a little anti-seize} Idle is fine,no lag on acceleration,oil no longer is being lost,and as far as your gas{always check injectors and gas will evaporate*}your mixture could be off though usually you'll smell if it's to rich or vise versa.