Notices

help car stalled and wont start again

Old 01-11-2006, 04:13 AM
kidkillkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help car stalled and wont start again

my car stalled and it wont start back up.the rpms drop to zero and the engine seems to still be on. it happened once before and it would start again after a while. then it happened once more and wouldnt start again so i replaced the ignition coil and it seemed to be working fine. now about 3 weeks later it stalled again and wont start up. it does everything it should(starter is working fine)but it just wont fire. what could this be.
any help would be greatly apreciated.
its a 94 ls automatic dohc

Last edited by kidkillkid; 01-11-2006 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Exadar
Be Quiet and Drive

Fuel pump maybe?
Old 01-11-2006, 06:23 AM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

plugs and wires?
getn fuel?
rotor in distributor?
Old 01-12-2006, 02:41 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i am having a similar problem. if my car hasn't been driven overnight or something, it will start right up but run really rough. the idle will usually sit pretty low unless i hold it at a higher rpm for like 30 seconds, at which point it'll start to even out a bit. But if i drive somewhere and shut the car off for even just a few minutes, there's a good chance that it won't start back up. It just turns over like it wants to start. I usually have to a wait a while and then try some more while pushing the gas pedal down and then it will eventually start up but continue to run rough. Any ideas?
Old 01-12-2006, 03:11 PM
91z28-350

Fuel pump. Messed up MAP. Start with the basics though. What does an engine need to fire? Spark, fuel, and air. Check fuel pressure, check spark and see that the intake is not blocked.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:22 PM
hachacker5024

had the same problem that you are having would be driving on the highway and then my RPMS would drop to zero and everything seemed normal just that the engine had died out so i pulled over got out and knocked on the dizzy a few times then cranked it right back over then about a week later i was driving and the car just died completely and after that i replaced the dizzy and everything worked fine agian and i havent had the problem since its been about 5 months

things to look for
tach jumping when driving
slow acceleration from stop to go

Check
Fuel
Wires
Rotor/ Cap
check for spark ( you might still have spark if thats the case make sure that the rotor is tightned down just make sure the screw is in the shaft because that happened to mine where it came out and the cap was still on there and i was still getting spark but it was firing at the wrong time and wasnt strong enough so that is what i would check first is your rotor)
Old 01-12-2006, 04:13 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a side note, and a strange turn of events, I just went and started my car up and took it for a drive and it seemed to run almost perfectly. Idle was good (high) and it started up fine even after repeated shutting off/starting. Could my problems be related to the cold weather up here or what? It's just a strange coincidence that today it hit 60 degrees and the car ran a lot better (still no vtec engagement though...) whereas the average temp has been like 35 and it ran like crap.