Notices

All Turboed Tegs, question

Old 01-08-2006, 09:21 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Turboed Tegs, question

Alright, i was reading the DIY turbo page and it said you can rotate the intake housing so the the outlet faces down and not into the block. Which was something i was troubled with. So i rotated the intake side and then noticed that the oil in and out were no longer up and down, they were now facing front and rear. IM THINKING this is a NO NO cuz what about the draining of oil. dont you want this to be facing straight down....gravity ya know. ANYWAYS i hope you get was im saying, if not let me know ill post pics. THANKS
Old 01-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The oil return needs to be facing down since it is gravity fed. Have you tried clocking the exhaust housing to acheive the desired direction of the compressor outlet?
Old 01-09-2006, 07:54 AM
rugsr

hmmmmmmm, i havent tried that. are you sure the exhaust turns too? i thought it was just 2 pieces. intake side w/ oil attached, and exhaust side....mabye i should look harder?
Old 01-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by rugsr
hmmmmmmm, i havent tried that. are you sure the exhaust turns too? i thought it was just 2 pieces. intake side w/ oil attached, and exhaust side....mabye i should look harder?
No, I am not sure. Just offering suggestions.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by rugsr
No, I am not sure. Just offering suggestions.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:50 PM
rugsr

ok well i guess the bolts i loosened were on the exhaust side. there are 4 bolts on the intake side which I think will allow the intake side to rotate 90 degrees at a time. Only thing is the bolts will need to be taken out all the way, not loosened. If I do this wil parts fall out of the turbo? is this dangerous? Also should i even bother, should I just leave the intake out pointing towards the block and elbow down? thanks

Old 01-09-2006, 05:14 PM
rugsr

alright, i couldnt take it anymore so i took the turbo apart=O ALL WENT WELL! I assembled the exhaust side to the mani first and the took apart the intake side and the middle. the middle section had to rotate 90 degrees so the the oil drain faced down along with the inake side 2"export. ya like? check out the last pics. Can i fit the oil supply line in here? theres like 1/2" of clearence. this normal?

check it out :O

heres a before pic, you can see how the oil in and outs are not going in the same direction as the intake side 2"export. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Last edited by rugsr; 01-09-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Good stuff. I knew it was possible, but I wasn't sure how. Good to know if I decide to upgrade in the future. :rick:
Old 01-09-2006, 09:21 PM
rugsr

ye tell me bout it. it probably took me 15min to rotate everything. not bad ya know. i was just scared of bearings coming out or SOMETHING and having to take it somewhere or work on it for hours. BUT everything is held together. Well atleast this percision turbo is........im sure all are the same though
Old 01-10-2006, 02:48 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

good deal man... good luck with the rest of the install... let us know how it turns out...and see if u can get some dyno times on that [soon to be] beast