Notices

Acura 2.5 TL blower motor

Old 01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
talligator2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura 2.5 TL blower motor

Hi,
I recently got a 1996 Acura 2.5TL. It has 127K miles on it. The AC/Heater fan is not blowing any air. I checked the fuse and relays, and they work good. After reading a lot on forums I think mostly Blower motor is dead. Has anybody ever replaced blower motor on this model. Is it possible to do it yourself or it has to be done at dealership or some shop.
I just hate the idea of spending another fortune on getting it done at dealership, although they havent given me a quote, but I dont think it will be inexpensive.
Can anyone guide me for this project or direct me to where I can get more information as how to do this

Thanks a lot

talligator2001
Old 01-06-2006, 08:53 PM
ACURAmechanic

It is very diffilcult and expensive to replace the blower on 2.5's.
The dash and the a/c box have to be completely removed. And then the a/c box has to be dissassembled to replace the motor. I would rather be in a circle jerk with my dad and grandfather than replace a blower on a 2.5 .
Old 01-07-2006, 01:17 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by ACURAmechanic
It is very diffilcult and expensive to replace the blower on 2.5's.
The dash and the a/c box have to be completely removed. And then the a/c box has to be dissassembled to replace the motor. I would rather be in a circle jerk with my dad and grandfather than replace a blower on a 2.5 .
:rofl: I literally laughed out loud. I had to do mine last year and it freakin sucked. Took me about 7 hours. Worst design ever.

An Acura dealer will probably charge you about $1,000 to replace, parts and labor. Your best bet is to get it and find someone who is quasi mechanically inclined and do it yourself. It's no picnic.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:19 PM
twinturbo94

Originally Posted by talligator2001
Hi,
I recently got a 1996 Acura 2.5TL. It has 127K miles on it. The AC/Heater fan is not blowing any air. I checked the fuse and relays, and they work good. After reading a lot on forums I think mostly Blower motor is dead. Has anybody ever replaced blower motor on this model. Is it possible to do it yourself or it has to be done at dealership or some shop.
I just hate the idea of spending another fortune on getting it done at dealership, although they havent given me a quote, but I dont think it will be inexpensive.
Can anyone guide me for this project or direct me to where I can get more information as how to do this

Thanks a lot

talligator2001
I had a 96 that I had the same problem. I just decided to sell it. It isnt worth the hassle. Mine had almost 200k miles on it though. That car had some weird quirks.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:07 PM
talligator2001

Thanks for all the responses.
I went to a dealer to get it checked. He said its blower motor. Hes charging me 800$s for the whole job. I have ordered shop manual from Helm inc. I want to take a look at the whole process. I just pray that its not too bad. Even the part is expensive. I am trying to contact some salvage yards to see if they have any. Lets see how it goes

talligator2001
Old 01-14-2006, 05:23 PM
talligator2001

I got Acura Shop manual, and I was looking at the process of changing the blower motor. I have to remove evaporator to get access to Blower motor. I read the instructions of removing evaporator, it said, I need to discharge the evaporator with all the refrigarant. How to do it ? they told to use a UL listed machine for the whole process. Is there any other way to do it.

Thanks
talligator2001