Notices

Theft

Old 01-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Pelon1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Theft

Well today as I walked to my car and found all the ignition plastics on the ground I was like crap!! Anyways I have to be thankful for that kill switch, but unlucky for my stereo adn that they didnt see my laptop, Well my question is were does the metal plate go on the ignition setup, does anyone have any pics, and i will also need a new plastic casing for the steering wheel because they broke it, anyways thats the last day I go to that school to work I'm transfering to a high school where they pay more(by the way I'm not a teacher or plan to be a teacher its just a work study job at UCR that pays 13 and hour so I'll do that) But back to topic the police didnt do anything and that school recently had 90,000 dollars worth of computers stolen so im not gonna take the risk of my car.
Pelon1987
Old 01-09-2006, 04:33 PM
turbolowmaz

I a curious how did you put in the kill switch. I am from Pa So don't woory not trying to steal your baby. If not comfortable answering on tread hit me up thanks.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:40 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Looks like the joke was on them, cause we both know it was not the stereo they were after. Fucking idiots...
Old 01-09-2006, 05:06 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

2 bad you didnt catch them. I caught 2 kids trynig to take me girl.........LOL poor kids
ANYWHO ye i believe from what I KNOW the kill switch cuts the gas to the motor right. just gotta hook up a toggle switch and hide it right? well, thats how mine is. do you have a diff way?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:03 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

i have my starter running to a very discreet button in the car... so my car will not hotwire from the ignition :yay: and i have a 3yr old pioneer head unit that im really not too worried about losing

edit: glad you didn't lose ur car though man, it's a bitch to have to deal with all that and lose all the pride u've put into it

Last edited by tegbooster; 01-10-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:35 PM
cf_rider

I was awakened this morning at 0500 by the local police telling me they found my car about 30 min away..stripped down..along with my clarion touchscreen dvd/ipod/cd/tuner, 2 12" kicker comps and a 1200w pioneer, 18" Montegi rims w/ somotumo's, i had a clarion alarm and kill switch...i have no idea how they did it, but they got past the alarm, punched the ignition and got away with out me waking up..( and i gotta loud ricey exhaust)...i havent seen the car yet, but ill go look tommorrow...the worst part is: normally its in my garage, but they are paving my driveway and i had to park on the street this week! So i guess my question is: are there any other safety things to do? i heard something about a 'clutch lock'? o yea and make sure you have theft coverage for the car..not just liability..damn
Old 01-11-2006, 05:17 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

they have those brake locks... that go off of a key... you can put it on ur clutch and they couldn't start your car...

you can rewire your starter to something other than the key (what i did) to some sort of hidden button, so you would need the key and the button to start... but it will not hotwire from the ignition area

or you can just get a very very loud ass sensitive alarm that way it will wake u up, or something that.

Viper 791XV has a vibrating/beeping alert that will go off when any of the alarm sensors go off.... that's a good call there
Old 01-11-2006, 08:09 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

i have the vobroating compustar. i love it. kill swith is good but id like to know more about the brake/clutch lok (where to get it) and the starter thing. got a write up?
Old 01-12-2006, 02:53 AM
honura
Seni

Originally Posted by tegbooster
they have those brake locks... that go off of a key... you can put it on ur clutch and they couldn't start your car...

you can rewire your starter to something other than the key (what i did) to some sort of hidden button, so you would need the key and the button to start... but it will not hotwire from the ignition area

or you can just get a very very loud ass sensitive alarm that way it will wake u up, or something that.

Viper 791XV has a vibrating/beeping alert that will go off when any of the alarm sensors go off.... that's a good call there

The starter thing is a waste of time. You can take a wire to the starter and hook it up to the positive on the batt and there you go car will start. I would look into a wire on the distro and something more discret then the starter. TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:34 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

when the entire engine bay looks completely normal.... it's not something that they'd figure out right away...it would probably seem more as if the car is broken