Notices

Door Locking Mechanism Not Working Properly

Old 01-05-2006, 05:26 PM
SQUISHY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Locking Mechanism Not Working Properly

Just got my car back from an autobody place and now something seems to be wrong with the locking mechanism on the driver door. When I flip the Lock/Unlock switch the three other doors either lock or unlock but not the driver side. I can manually flip the lock to open the door and the key opens the driver door. The drivers door normally opens when I unlock the door from the passenger side but that's not working either. It seems like the driver door is disconnected from the other doors. Is there an easy way to fix this myself?
The door itself wasn't worked on but it was painted at the time the work was done. It's a 98 Integra in case that matters. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Brar
|:]

did they take your doors off when they were working on it? near the hinges of the door there are 2 connections that connect to the door, push those all the way in, just feel around and push down. see if that helps
Old 01-06-2006, 12:12 AM
eric_enciso

take off the door panel and check it out....1 screw in the door handle, one in the little cubby, 1 near the hinge then just pull it off, not too hard cuz youll rip the wiring, slow then unplug.....same thing happened to me. prob was a connectionyeeeeeeee
Old 01-06-2006, 04:20 AM
torn_phoenix
you would

On my car, I have to pull on the inside handle while locking the doors with the automatic locks. It's been this way since I got the car, I've just accepted it.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Patman015
Gold Member

you might have to replace the door lock actuator. not hard
Old 01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

torn phoenix - it's something we all have to do... security feature on our acuras that keeps us from locking our keys inside the car... then again...i've done it a few times... (fuck)
Old 01-09-2006, 04:07 PM
turbolowmaz

Mine seams to have a problem close to that. With the key if you unlock the pass or hacth the drive opens. if you open the drive no other open. the lock unlock buttons will not lock the drive door when it is open. but they work fine with the door closed. I do not have the factory keyless if???? it is on the car "00gsr"
Old 01-09-2006, 04:27 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

turbo... that's all 100% normal...

1) passenger/hatch::: they are assuming that you are opening the door to put something in and being nice enough to unlock the drivers door for you as well (also if you left your keys on the passenger seat, you might lock urself out)
2)drivers door::: they dont need to have the rest open because the driver is now in the seat (technically)
3)and with the door open::: it is likely that you will lock the door and keep your keys in the ignition or in the car...

-- just pull the handle when you have the door open and hit the switch, it will lock if the handle is pulled