Notices

Stock 98 GS-R B18C1

Old 01-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Malaka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock 98 GS-R B18C1

I have a 98 Integra GS-R. Right now I'm totally bedridden due to a back injury so I'm going to finnaly get some work done to my car while I'm out of comission. In any case I would like to ask the opinion of anyone viewing this Thread.

At this current point everything is stock in my car except Billstein gas shocks, Intake, and Top/Bottom strut bars.

I would like to get a new Exhaust, some sort of cat-back Greddy SP, or HKS Sport... unsure of what I should get since It's naturaly aspirated.

Also my car could use new brakes, Rotors don't look great, and new pads. I was thinking sloted and carbon fiber brakes or something of that sort.

Last and most important thing that NEEDS to be done is I need a new clutch, I understand that lightening the Flywheel has it's advantages, but I'm told it can make driving on highways and up big hills a pain.

Thanks ahead of time for your expertise.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:26 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

1) that sucks... hope ur back gets better ... welcome to HAN
2) search, see what you like best and what looks best to you... exhaust is something that everyone has their own opinion on... personally i like the skunk2... but thats me
3)drilled/slotted rotors are damn near pointless for street driving... unless your a weekly trackwhore it's unnecessary.... and it becomes a cheese grater on those new pads, just get brembo blanks and you'll be set
4)im personally using a ram- stg 2 clutch, i like it... then again my flywheel is not lightened... i have driven cars with a lightened flywheel and it's really not that bad, it just takes very little getting used to...

how much time did you have off..it seems like most of the things you want to do will require lots of time and backache (no pun intended) to do
Old 01-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Malaka

Well I have a close friend who is a mechanic who is willing to put it all together for me since I fix his computers. Exchange of trades is always nice.

I'll take your advice on the brakes, makes a lot of sense.
I've been shopping around and I've seen the skunk system around a lot. Do you think thats a wise decision for a car thats naturaly aisperated?
Old 01-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Brar
|:]

yea u can get the skunk2, ive heard the greddy sp2 and it has a nice deep base sound to it, i like it
welcome to HAN and good luck
Old 01-06-2006, 04:18 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

honestly i just like the look and sound of the skunk2, very bassy and loud when accellerating but quiet when cruising
Old 01-06-2006, 09:42 PM
mikey_e69

Originally Posted by tegbooster
1)
4)im personally using a ram- stg 2 clutch, i like it... then again my flywheel is not lightened... i have driven cars with a lightened flywheel and it's really not that bad, it just takes very little getting used to...
what takes getting used to??? how is it different???
Old 01-07-2006, 01:25 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

the hardest part to get used to is the stiffness of the pedal... and for the flywheel...you will notice that you get into the high RPM's very quickly...it will kinda creep up on you, i have yet to feel a stg 2+ clutch WITH a lightened flywheel only the ACT HDSS w/ (8 i think)lb flywheel, and the pedal was light but it revved up quick...wheras in my car, the pedal is heavy but it revs up slow (although i drive an LS, it's sposed to), but u get the idea...

the hardest thing to get used to is the pedal stiffness...but after about 2-3 days....it's something that you consider normal
Old 01-07-2006, 09:52 PM
mikey_e69

Originally Posted by tegbooster
the hardest part to get used to is the stiffness of the pedal... and for the flywheel...you will notice that you get into the high RPM's very quickly...it will kinda creep up on you, i have yet to feel a stg 2+ clutch WITH a lightened flywheel only the ACT HDSS w/ (8 i think)lb flywheel, and the pedal was light but it revved up quick...wheras in my car, the pedal is heavy but it revs up slow (although i drive an LS, it's sposed to), but u get the idea...

the hardest thing to get used to is the pedal stiffness...but after about 2-3 days....it's something that you consider normal
CORRECT!!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 03:30 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

Originally Posted by mikey_e69
CORRECT!!!!
haha what???

did you just install the clutch or what
Old 01-09-2006, 11:26 AM
drive4show

Another possibility in the small-cost/noticeable difference would be a short shifter (and ES bushings). We already have short shifters compared to Honda Accords, for example, but my Skunk2 feels nice. But you'll get used to it after a short period of time.....