Notices

Timing belt...help

Old 01-04-2006, 04:41 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing belt...help

Long story short, this motor swap is more of a "project than i thought".

My motor is a JDM import...b18b (96-97). The warranty stated needed to replace all the obvious, (t-belt, water pump, t-stat, tensioner...etc etc). I just wanted to make sure my motor ran before I went ahead and wasted all my money replacing parts. I pulled the top timing belt cover when i got the motor and the belt was tight, no cracks.

After the motor and tranny were put in, I got the car started for about 1 min (just about 6 starts and ran for 10-20 seconds max) only because i have a CEL i know for no o2 sensors, no IAVC plugged in (need to go from 3-2 wire somehow????). Anyway I was attempting to remove the crank pulley and no go there. So I just removed the top t-belt cover, my timing belt has some slack, is this normal?
Also friday a guy is comming to buy some of my left over swap parts. Im replacing this Timing belt asap.
While Im at it what parts should I replace as well.
Plugs &wires, cap and rotor, t-stat, t-belt, tensioner, waterpump......??? Just go all OEM for the parts? Or is there some cheaper brands that are as good as OEM, I see a kit on ebay for like $150 with a goodyear belt, is that a good brand?

Last edited by a_integra_87; 01-04-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:47 PM
VPUPPY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a dealer on ebay with user name chapmanparts. They sell honda parts for like 165. They don't have the tensioner but you can call them directly and order it and have it placed in your order. The only other thing I would replace thats not in that kit is the thermostat.