Notices

New here, well not really...

Old 01-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Accord Ed
Nissan Sucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, well not really...

Hello all... I am new here, but at the same time, not really. I used to be on here in 99-03 when i had a 99 Prelude as "Prelude Ed", but then made the mistake of getting an 03 maxima SE. The maxima was a nightmare from day 1. I decided to get back into the Honda family, since i had such a great owner's experience. I never once had any problem or issue with my prelude and expected the same on my next honda.

Since i am now married, we had to get a practical car at a reasonable price. We were able to get a silver/black 2005 Accord Sedan EX 5AT 4cyl. We opted against the EX-L. Our OTD price was $21,900 with 7k down. I think this was a fair price.

The car is not quick and has nothing up top, but this is not what we were looking for obviously. The car is very comfortable and the stock stereo is decent. In other words, it serves its purpose. A far cry from my friend's V6 EX-L 6 speed.

However, we purchased in very late summer and I noticed that i was hearing metallic rattling coming from the front two wheels when going over bumps. It sounded like two loose metallic plates "clacking". I went back to the dealer (route 23 honda in pompton plains, nj) a total of 4 times within a month and they weren't able to corrected it. I couldn't find any recalls or TSBs on it, so i just let it go. I also think they are a bunch of jerkoffs.

Other than that, the car is fine, although the MPG is definitely very overstated on the car sticker... 24/34, my ass. True that i only use 87 pump gas, but it should be better than what i am averaging. I have been tracking my fuel consumption and gallons since day 1, because i have mental issues. Less than 5k miles over 4.5 months and all is well (knock, knock)

I intend on hardwiring my ipod to the stock HU utilizing ice>Link plus from densionusa. other than that, stock form is fine for me.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to say hello and i hope i can contribute where i can.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:07 PM
badtameezboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome (back) to the board man and congrats on the new purchase. :goodjob: