Notices

97 Accord Taillights DIY

Old 12-31-2005, 07:24 AM
theuprising191

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Accord Taillights DIY

I recently bought these tail lights for my 1997 Accord EX sedan.

I was wondering if anyone could give me instructions on how to take out my old tail lights and put these in. Even giving me a link to another DIY page would be very helpful. I wanted to put these in tonight so quick replies would be very appreciative. Thank you.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:54 AM
lenny_vp

It's probably the easiest thing in the world. I have the same taillights on my 96 lx sedan.

1.You just open the trunk.
2. Take off the covers (right behind the taillight) and unscrew the four 8mm (I believe ) screws.
3. Pull the taillight out and put the new one in.

NOTE: Make sure you take out the bulbs out or else the taillight won't come out. (common sense). ALso with those tailight you would have to buy some RED bulbs for the brake light.

The ones on the trunk..... you do more or less the same thing. Unsrcew the screws, take out the bulbs and push it out. Hope that helped.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:24 AM
theuprising191

Thank you for that. I will try that. Anyone know how to put on the signal lights on the front bumper? I cant find a screw anywhere to get them out.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:43 PM
JDM ACCORD

First, If you like giving money to the cops, go ahead and put them on, now to answer your question about your front bumper lights, lift up the car and get under it, look behind the bumper and your going to see a screw which holds the lights, take it off and put the new one, simple as that..It shouldn't even take you more than 15 minutes to put the taillights and bumper lights on...
Old 01-02-2006, 04:47 PM
badtameezboy

^^ Agrees with JDM_ACCORD. Make sure to use Amber turn signal in the back NOT WHITE cause white is illegal in most states.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:31 PM
sponginpunk

ive had my for months know and every time i pass a cop im still waiting for them to pull me over. i guess theyre getting use to it in my area.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:34 PM
badtameezboy

Originally Posted by sponginpunk
ive had my for months know and every time i pass a cop im still waiting for them to pull me over. i guess theyre getting use to it in my area.
Its always better to be safe than sorry. What if one day you are in a buzz, forgot your wallet at home, a cop pulls you over for the turn signal and you realize that your insurance just expired 2 days ago. Thats would be a big as ticket for you.
This is just a screnario, it could be worst. What I've heard is that things like this are a reason for cops to stop you and check for something wrong to give you a ticket. The choice is yours