Notices

'01 Replacing Accord Rear Bumper Cover

Old 12-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Poppa V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Replacing Accord Rear Bumper Cover

Do I need to remove the trunk compartment liner to access the bumper cover clips in the quarter panels ? I'm also looking a for an online guide for the steps. If you know of one that would be helpful.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:23 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

http://handaaccessories.com/accord/a...derspoiler.pdf

follow this, it's for a 98-00 coupe, but it's pretty close for all 6th gens. No need to mess with anything inside the trunk btw.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:41 PM
Poppa V

Default Thanks e3

The link was helpful, just about right on. I snapped a spring clip, there are 4 on the side and top of the cover near the taillights. Funny thing though, they are not included in any Honda parts diagram. The Parts counter couldn't help me out. I ended up making a wedge out of thin metal to lock the cover the body underr the taillights. I did find it easier align to by removing the taillights. It's tight fit under the taillight and there are more compression fittings there. Over all, took 3- hours to complete, but that inclkuded removing the rear wheels to make it easier to remove the mudflaps. I also ended up rotating the tires as long as I had 2 off. FYI, those little plastic compression clips that hold the top and bottom of the cover were $3.30 a piece to replace. Take your time removing those little buggers. They only sell them in bags of 10 / $33.00. I cracked the top of 1 and bought the whiope bag. (should have just replaced on the bottom where you can't see it.)