Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

I have stereo code but it's still locked???

Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 AM
digitalmethods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have stereo code but it's still locked???

I reset the electrical system by disconnecting the battery for a bit while holding down the brake to completely drain the system. I reconnect the battery and I turn the unit on. It says "COdE" I enter the 5 digit # and it says error 1 then 2 then 3 etc...till it's locked up again. I have to reset the system again and still no dice. I am getting so frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong. I called 2 different dealerships to get the code. My serial # is m4f429020a and the code is 21516. What could be possibly wrong here?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:42 AM
digitalmethods

C'mon someone....anyone......I can't enter the code that two different dealerships have given. I bought the car used. Is it possible that the radio was replaced from another car and wouldn't work for some reason. I don't know. I pulled the stereo and got the code. I called and came up with 21516 then I go to enter it and it says error all of the way to 10. The I start over again. Can anyone shed some light on this. Honda keeps telling me to come down so they can do it for $90. I told them the stereo is already accessible and they still want $90 to enter the code for me. I'm so frustrated at this point I might just get a head unit from a friend used and just wire that in. I figure for the $100 bucks it will be fixed once and for all.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:48 AM
digitalmethods

Please ........anyone.....Bump. I can't believe how simple this is and I can't seem to get it right. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:27 AM
digitalmethods

Bump anyone. I'm just gonna go buy and wire one up today. I really can't believe that no one had even a guess.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:50 PM
b00gers

I think the security code goes with the serial code of the radio, I dont think the car matters. Have you tried another dealership? Usually the $80=90 they charge is for removal of the headunit. If you already have it out, they shouldnt charge you. Try a different dealership
Old 01-03-2006, 10:19 AM
digitalmethods

I tried 3. They all want $90 to enter the code. The dash is already open. The stereo is connected but fully accesible and they still want the money. That's what gets me so mad.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:10 PM
mikesta21
93preludesi

umm the one i was given by honda didnt work... the code written on my owners manual did though!
worth takinga look at it

good luck

mike
Old 01-09-2006, 07:28 AM
oloughk

I don't know if this is true in all acuras, but i have a 98 integra gs-r. In that car the security code for the stereo is stuck to the underside of the ashtray. I bought the car new, so it came from acura like that. Might be worth having a look there.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:27 PM
TRC

I have a 99 Accord Coupe with the same problem, my code doesn' t work. My local dealership gave me the code over the phone with the serial # I found inside of my glove box but the code didn't work. Took to same dealership to have the stereo pulled out to get the serial # off back. It was the same one as listed in the glove box so it gave the same code. They said it must be an internal problem with the stereo and that they could send it to the mfg. for me to be fixed for a cost of about $300 and I would get it back in about a month. Screw that, I can go buy an aftermarket stereo for $100 and have it installed the same day for free but I don't want an aftermarket stereo. I want mine to work again. It worked fine before the battery had to be replaced so why now does it suddenly have an internal problem that only the mfg. can fix. If anybody knows why the codes they give us don't work please advise.