Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

installing subs need help...please

Old 12-28-2005, 09:54 AM
JLO
7M-GTE!!!! "U-BLOC BITCH"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing subs need help...please

i bought my teg without speakers everything is wired and ready to go......the speakers should be no problem but i have no idea how to hook up the subs to the amp and the amp to the subs .....its just a pooop load of mass confusion are the any links out there to help rookies like myself ....

Thanks

Jimmy
Old 12-28-2005, 10:09 AM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

there is a Remote turn on wire, on the back of the head unit, take this wire an run to the RMT connector on the amp. Run a ground wire from the amp to a good ground ponit. also run a power (+) wire from the battery to the amp. you need to hook a fusealbe link from the battery to the amp on the (+) wire. If your lights an stuff dim when the subs hit hard, u will need to get a capicator like the one in the pic attached. From the amp hook the subs up to the speaker out for the left and right. You will also need to run a RCA cable from the back of the head unit to the amp. This is Audio Left (White) and Audio Right (Red). hope this helps

Last edited by burnrubber; 01-08-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:29 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Please dont listen to this guy. Holy Shit. Never use yor power antenna turn on as your Remore Turn On. If you do your subs wont work when you put a CD in, only when you listen to the radio. Most aftermarket radios have a dedicated REM wire on the back of the radio. If not, you can go to your fuse box and have one come out directly from your radio fuse. ALWAYS fuse your power wire, this protects the wire in case it shorts to ground. It can/will set your car on fire otherwise. The fuse should be within 12 inches on the battery, again the shorter the better. DONT run your ground wire from your battery, a ground wire should be a short as possible. Your ground should be less than 18 inches long and grounded to the vehicle body near the amp. Try not to use a factory grounding point as this can cause noise to be introduced into the system. Make sure you observe correct polarity when hooking up your subs to the amplifier.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:47 AM
JLO
7M-GTE!!!! "U-BLOC BITCH"

Default thanks that kinda helps

i have a two channle amp, two 10 inch subs just the subs can be hooked up to the amp not the speakers right?...........so from what ive heard all i do is .....two wires from the subs hook uo to the 4 smaller spaces on the amp right? then there is two big spaces left on the amp i run those wires to the battery right?.......then i just take the AV cables and run them from the deck to the amp right?......man im soooo fucking lost it hurts ......does anyone know of a link that shows a diagram for what im trying to do?

thanks

jimmy
Old 12-29-2005, 10:37 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I dont know of any sites. Its one of things that you just have to know how to do before you even try. If I were you Id pay the $60 at BBY to have them do it if your that lost. You can end up ruining a lot of stuff.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:08 PM
jragon

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
I dont know of any sites. Its one of things that you just have to know how to do before you even try. If I were you Id pay the $60 at BBY to have them do it if your that lost. You can end up ruining a lot of stuff.
I agree.

There are so many things that can go wrong if you don't do things the right way. For instance your power wire running from your positive lead of your battery. If this wire isn't fused and it comes in direct contact with your chassis of the car, it has the ability to literally ignite anything it comes into contact with ie. carpet, seats, yourself!
Be careful if you do it yourself and you don't know what your doing !!!
Old 12-29-2005, 04:39 PM
jragon

If you want to do it yourself check out this link provided by our very own bOOgers and 97teg. Everything you will encounter is encompassed within the FAO sticky atop the Audio & Security forum.

http://www.mmxpress.com/technical/ampinstall.htm
Old 12-30-2005, 03:20 AM
Nirvanaspartan

Originally Posted by burnrubber
there is a Remote turn on wire, also known as the Power Antenna turn on, on the back of the head unit, take this wire an run to the RMT connector on the amp. Run a ground wire from the battery to the amp. also run a power (+) wire from the battery to the amp. Somepeople hook a fusealbe link from the battery to the amp on the (+) wire. If your lights an stuff dim when the subs hit hard, u will need to get a capicator like the one in the pic attached. From the amp hook the subs up to the speaker out for the left and right. You will also need to run a RCA cable from the back of the head unit to the amp. This is Audio Left (White) and Audio Right (Red). hope this helps
lol REM wire to power antenna:lmao: , ground to the battery :slap:
:eek3: :eek3: i would have to say this guy is 50% right :eek3::eek3:
dont pay someone to install whats going to take you about 45 minutes disconnect your battery all you really need to know is your cars panels that you are removing mainly down the passengers side from there its all about mounting the amp not a good idea to mount it on the sub box because well the box kicks and you down want to have you amp being viberated all the time second its easier and faster for people to steal your stuff the best place to mount it is behind your back row seats it should fold down and drill some nails in there now 2nd ground it use the ground wire and connect it to chaisis of your car second run a REM wire to your amp (should be an area saying rem on your amp) all the way to your head unit to the wire that says REM NOT ANTENNA!!
now run the RCA cables to your amp to your head unit.Now run the + thick power wire to yur batteries + side only (only wire that connects to your battery make sure your have your fuse hold at least 6 inches away from your conection for power reasons and the safety of your fuse now put your car panels back together connect the rest of your battery and turn your system on.......oh crap thats a alot that was explained i didnt even knowwell i hope i helped just a little :thinking:

Last edited by Nirvanaspartan; 12-30-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:12 PM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

yea, well on some of the cheaper model HU it has a Power Antenna wire, which you have to use for the amp tirn on, which will not shut the amp off when you put in a CD. i'm glad all of ya'll know everything, call me a dumbass! ha
Old 01-07-2006, 10:13 PM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

yea, well on some of the cheaper model HU it has a Power Antenna wire, which you have to use for the amp tirn on, which will not shut the amp off when you put in a CD. i'm glad all of ya'll know everything, call me a dumbass! ha hfawk: hfawk: hfawk: