Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Car alarm brain swap!!!!!

Old 12-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Nirvanaspartan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car alarm brain swap!!!!!

I have a viper car alarm and i lost the remote and i am having a hard time finding that specific one, i was looking around and i found a whole car alarm same model and FCC id as my brain, my question is can i swap the brains so that i can use the brain that is for sale and put it in my car and then just use the remote for that one instead of finding the replacement remote for my car alarm brain ( which is a drag ) and programing it to use my alarms? How does it go by that does the remote transmits to the alarms brain or somewhere else in the alarm?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:45 PM
jragon

which model alarm remote are you searching for? I have two one for a XXXesp system and one for a older system the one before the esp. oh yeah and both are from viper.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:52 AM
Nirvanaspartan

i have a old viper model 300, all the shit is installed and that why it would be easier just to activate it rather than getting a whole new one, catch 22, my cousin lost the remote transmitter before she sold it to me and rather then paying for a new one and programming it can i just buy another whole system(same model with a remote) and swap brain then will it work, or is there a receiver some where else to pick up the remote transmission?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:50 AM
jragon

I am pretty certain that the viper harness is unchanged for a long time. I would try it and see. I would say your chances of it working would be pretty great. You could also download the wiring diagram of the old 300 and see if it matches one of the newer units wiring. I am pretty sure they are the same. Good Luck.

However a new remote would be much cheaper than a whole new unit!